30. Isn't it Obvious?

June P.O.V

I told Andrew about how I called Becky.I also told what she said about the search party. He listened to me carefully without taking back. We were both eating the chocolate chip cookies that I had. We were both really hungry. The rain was getting calmer. We were close by the fire and we weren't shivering anymore.

Aren't you tired? He asked looking at me.

I am a little bit. I replied.

Well, then you should get some rest! He said looking serious.

Yea. I guess! I said.

How is your leg? He asked with concern.

It's alright now! I said with a small smile.

Really? He asked raising his eyebrows.

Then why were you limping earlier?!?! He asked looking at me.

I can't believe he noticed that.

You ask lotta questions! I said rolling my eyes.

Do you have your medication here? He asked casually

What??!?? I asked surprised.

The medication?!?! He asked looking at me seriously.

Yeah! I replied.

But why? Was he hurt too?!?!

I gave him the cream, that the doctor gave me yesterday. He was looking at the tube for a few seconds.

Show me? He asked suddenly.

Uh..what? I blinked.

You got injured yesterday .. Show it to me? God.. June! Did your brain freeze in the cold?!? He asked sarcastically.

You are so rude! I said looking annoyed.

And you are so stupid! He smirked.

You are... I started.

I was interrupted when Andrew placed his index finger on my lips.

Shhhh! If we are gonna do this! We are gonna do it my way! And my way is for you to shut up! He said looking at me.

I was just staring at him bluntly.

Got it? He asked looking at me.

I nodded in response.

He took my left leg and removed the bandage. I interrupted him.

You don't have to do it, I'll put on the cream! I said awkwardly.

He did not reply to anything. We just locked eyes for a minute or two.

He took out the cream and applied around the burnt area. I felt a sting. I just closed my eyes for a second.

Does that sting? He asked noticing me.

Uh..a little bit. Yeah! I replied.

Sorry! He said looking into my eyes.

We were gazing for a few seconds but then I broke our eye contact.

It's pretty much healed! You don't need bandages anymore. He said looking at me.

I replied to him with a smile.

We were waiting in the cave for some time. We were both exhausted. I don't remember how, but I dozed off after a few hours of waiting.

-------------------

Andrew P.o.v

I noticed June dosed off. I watched her closely, she was really pretty up close. She looked beautiful without making any effort. I leaned closer to her and made her head rest on the shoulder. There was utter silence. I saw the time was it was half-past 8. Why was no one coming for us? I thought.