17.The Flashback

June's P.o.v

What could have happened? That made Andrew look lost. I couldn't accept the fact that someone strong as Andrew could be affected to that extent. When I looked into his eyes all I could see was a pain. The thought of him crying brought tears to my eyes.I just wanted to be there for him.

"Andrew?!!? Are you okay?"  I shook him from his deep thought.

He was again expressionless.

"I met her in the final years of high school!"  He started.

"Who?"  I asked curiosity flooded in my brain.

"Em.Emma!"  He said slowly.

"After my exchange program was over here.I was sent back to the UK. To my old school. Over the years over there,I have become so popular.I was in the football team, I also was in the dance club.I had good grades too. I was practically treated like a celebrity there. Emma studied with me since kindergarten but somehow she looked much prettier during that year!"   He said as his lips curled into a small smile.

"Oh!"   I gasped.

Yes! That was all I could come up with. It killed me inside to hear him say he thought someone else was pretty. What will happen? If I hear more? My heart was racing.

"She was a know it all, She had great grades. She was actually my competitor!"   He smiled a little reminiscing.

"Everything changed when we were put into the same team as project partners. I didn't know anything about her at first. But I got to know her after a while. I liked her from the beginning but I wasn't sure if she felt the same. But one day some other guy from English asked her out. She wasn't sure what to tell him? I saw the whole scene and got pretty upset. And you know? me being me screamed at her with anger. She confronted me about my feelings. I didn't deny it and then we were together until..."  He stopped looking at me.

"What happened?"  I asked not taking my eyes off him.

"A year went off and we were madly in Love!"   He said gazing in the distance.

The L-word! It was hurting a lot. But why? I wanted to leave that place. But why can't be a good friend and be there for him? Because it hurts to hear him say that he was in love with someone else. And in that moment I realized I was in big trouble.

"It was the prom night and I was gonna ask her to come with me to the US for our higher studies. But she wanted to go for a drive before talking.I took her on a long drive. We were having a great time. As I reached a bridge I lost control of the car and the car got toppled and it fell into the lake. We both were underwater!"   He paused again.

I could see he was reliving the whole disaster. It absolutely broke my heart to see him like that.

"I tried to break the door but it was just helpless! I looked at Emma she was unconscious. I was ready to die. I don't want to live without Emma by my side. But unfortunately, that didn't happen. I was saved. Apparently my survival was miraculous, Emma didn't make it cause she blacked out and her lungs were filled with water."  His eyes looked emotionless.

I was listening to him as tears flooded my eyes.

"Andrew?!! I am I m so sorry!"  I shuttered and hugged him it was like a reflex.

"Yeah, I know!"   He hugged me back.

"So here I am not believing in Love and Happy Endings! Is it wrong now?"   He scoffed.

"It's gonna be okay soon!"  I tried hard to hold back my tears.

I had to be strong to comfort him,I kept saying that to myself.

"Yea, trust me! I've said that to myself a lot of times!" He looked so hopeless.

"I..I just don't think I can ever move on!"   He said looking at me,I could see the tears that were cornering his eyes.

"That's the thing about Moving on, When you meet someone right you would have moved on without even realizing that you did,"    I said looking into his eyes.

"I don't know on June!"   He said shaking his head.

We were both there all alone. I was quite close to him yet so far away. It was really obvious that He was still totally in love with Emma and It absolutely crushed me. I wanted to go somewhere and cry.

Why? Do I have feelings for him?  How did this happen to me?  I kept asking myself.

"June? Can I ask you something?"   He asked suddenly

"Sure, Anything!"   I replied in a heartbeat.

"Will you leave me too?"   He asked looking at me.

His question broke my heart.

"Never!"  I said trying to smile.

"Thank you!"   He muttered.

"Can we be friends again? "  He asked eyeing me closely.

"Of course!"   I nodded.

I saw there was someone walking towards us.

"Hey, we gotta go! We can't be out of our blocks after 10. And there is someone walking towards us."    I whispered

"Yeah.. You are right, Let's get going!"   He stood up.

"Alright!"   I walked beside him.

We reached my block. I can't believe what just happened? Friends forever? How I could I be friends with someone whom I am falling for? The thought scared him.

"June?"  He called me and pulled me into his arms.

I was taken off-guard but I hugged him back.

"Thank you for everything!"   He whispered into my ears.

It was like I was with an entirely different person. There was a deeply hurt Andrew within the Confident and aggregate act he was putting up.

"Sure, Good night Andrew!"   I said smiling sheepishly.

"Bye!"  He said pulling away from me.

He walked away from me. It was a very cold and unpleasant feeling when he left me. It was like I was losing him as he took each step away from me. I rushed to my room. I sat on my bed and I broke down into tears. I was glad that I was alone.

__________

A/N Hello everyone!  Did I make you guys cry?  Hit the comment section below ;)