50. No Promises

JUNE's P.O.V

The sun was shining bright outside, it was a beautiful day but I was dreading for the worst. Today was the day I had to tell Andrew about my internship. It was inevitable, I had to face him. I had to let him go, it is for the best. At least that was what I told myself. I see don't see Becky for the whole day. She was still upset about me leaving. The farewell party was gonna commence at half-past 5. So I had the whole day to myself. I laid on my bed, listening to sad songs. I switched off my phone since I didn't feel like talking to anyone. I stayed in my room the whole day like literally. I didn't even go out for lunch. I missed my parents more than ever. If my mom was here with me, she would know exactly the right thing to tell me. I wanted to just see her, fortunately, technology paved the way in,I decided to facetime.

Hey there sweetie! I heard her soft voice but she chocked a little and tried to stop her emotion from overflowing.

Hi Mom! Are you okay? You don't look nor sound normal! I said slowly.

Of course, I am not fine! I am hearing your voice after a long time, I miss you a lot honey! She cried out.

Aw..mom I am so sorry! I um..lately I have been occupied by many stuff! I said trying to smile.

How's everyone there? I asked swiftly.

Oh..everything is fine here! Your brother made into medical school!! she exclaimed.

Oh my goodness, That's crazy! I said smiling brightly.

I know..He is at the top of the world! She said looking happy.

Dad misses you too! She added.

I smiled as tears started welling up, I guess I was really homesick.

Mom? I have some news! I said suddenly.

What is it June? She asked curiously.

I have been offered an internship at the New Reads magazine in New York. I said slowly.

That's great honey! I am so happy for you! She exclaimed looking overjoyed.

Really?? I asked doubtfully.

Of course, Your dad will be proud! She said looking teary.

So when are you coming home? She asked with excitement in her eyes.

Um. I not sure, I am leaving for New York after my final exams! I replied slowly.

It's okay sweetie, how would you react if I say We are coming to New York? She asked flashing her teeth smile.

That sounds wonderful! I said smiling.

What's wrong dear? Aren't you happy about this? She asked suddenly.

No-noo I am! I am really happy! I said trying to sound convincing.

Oh, honey. I understand what's bothering you! She said with a faint smile.

You do? I asked her eyeing her closely.

I know.. You are moving on from college, Becky and all your friends! That must really hurt! She said looking concerned.

Um.Yeah. It's just that! I replied with a small smile.

It's just that. Okay, I think I am in denial. I still believe some miracle is gonna happen and stop me from going to New York. I know, it's just pathetic.

Uh. Mom, I gotta go but I'll call you later! I love you! I said trying to keep my smile on.

Okay, take care sweetheart! Love you too! She said and hang up the call.