47.Secrets & Lies

June P.o.v

It was a rough day for me with all the worrying and the overthinking. I wanted to see Andrew and ask him what was bothering him? I waited for him after classes but again there was a no show. After another disappointing 30 minutes of the wait, I went back to my room and I was pacing around the room in frustration. I have already tried his phone like a million times but he wasn't picking up, what was his problem with me? I didn't do anything wrong. Why was he avoiding me? I was standing at the mirror staring at my image and then..

Why do you care about June?

Again I heard that annoying voice.

He helped you with the dancing, what else do you want from him? Why can't you just let him be?

What do you mean? He is my friend.

Wait. Why am I even explaining to you? Who are you? why are you even here?

I am your conscience of June. And You need to let go.

Let go of what exactly?

I don't know maybe the fear of rejection.

I do not have the fear of anything right now, you can shut up! I was screaming now.

Really? Then why are too scared to let yourself feel? Admit it.. You are terrified about your feelings for Andrew.

I do not have any feelings for Andrew, I might have had them in the past but I am over it.

Over it..? Yeah right! it's been a couple of weeks.. Whom are you kidding?

I mean for God sake he is to be engaged.

Yeah, I have heard that too! But do you really believe that? it's time to wake up!

He said that to me himself. What more proof do you need?

He did, what if. What if it's not what it looks like?

What? What are you talking about? You know what? I know what you should do, just leave me alone!

Fine.. You can be in denial and all you want, eventually you will come back to me!

June? Becky called me shaking me off from my train of thoughts, more like fights with my conscience.

Huh..ya Becky? I asked swiftly.

Are you okay? Who are you talking to? She asked looking genuinely concerned.

Um..no one! I said looking away.

Okay.. I just wanted to make sure, you were Alright! she said as she was eyeing me closely.

Yeah, I am fine.. I was just leaving! I said and grabbed my purse.

Wh..where are you going? She asked instantly.

To see Andrew! I said suddenly.

Wait. June! Where exactly are you going? She asked looking confused.

Becky, it's okay.. I'll be back soon! I said trying to sound convincing enough and went out of the room.

As I was walking towards the entrance and I heard a familiar voice. It was Jason's.

Hey..Slow down! Where are you going? he said as he was jogging towards me.

Hi.Jason! I am in a hurry, I.. Um need to be somewhere! I said in a rush.

Oh.. That's a shame, I was actually looking for you,I wanted to talk to you about something! He said looking down with puppy eyes.

Ohno. Why did he have to look at me like that? Will I be the worst person in the world, if I just ignored his puppy eyes and carry on.