29. Truth Is, I Got Lost Without You

Andrew P.o.v

I was looking for June for more than an hour now. I was screaming her name and but there was no response. Her name echoed into the woods. I wasn't gonna give up my search any soon. 

What are you doing here?  I heard someone.

I turned back to see it was Jason.

Uh...     I started.

Did you by any chance run into June?  I asked curiously.

No!  Why? ?!?? He asked surprised.

Uh..it's nothing!  Never mind!  I said in a hurry.

Dude!  What's wrong with June?  He asked seriously.

Look I don't have time for this!  I said with annoyance.

So then tell me and you can be on your way!  He said arrogantly.

I lost June.   I said slowly.

You what!?!??  He exclaimed.

And You are the group leader!?!  And I see you are way too responsible to be a group leader.     He said looking angry.

You can think whatever you want!  Now get outta my way!  I said looking serious.

I am coming with you!  He said without any expression.

I looked confused.

Listen if we both looked for her..then the possibility of finding her higher!   He said firmly.

His statement was logical.  So I agreed.

--------------

Andrew P.o.v

After another hour of the search party.  We both were really tired. But I continue walking. It was getting darker every minute. Stepping into the dark woods robbed me of one of my senses and heightened the others. It was disorientating to be almost blinded but given the ears of a wolf. Even the soft susurration of the branches felt heavy in the ears. The sense of smell was sensitized, the loam in the earth and the decomposing leaves made the atmosphere close and thick.  The blackness nurtured a sense of claustrophobia inside me even though the woodland stretched unbroken for miles. The narrow path, which was made uneven by the knotted roots that crossed it, branched at intervals. As we were walking trusting only our ears since it was pitch black.  I wondered where were Jason's group.  Was he also lost too?  I wondered where were Becky and Liam. I should have told them before venturing into the search party by myself. But what could I do?  When I found June was missing..my mind went blank and I ran like a crazy person shouting her name. 

Jason?  I called out suddenly.

Yeah?  he asked.

Where is your group?  Where you lost too?  I asked curiously.

Uh. I didn't go on the trek at least not with them.   He said slowly.

Why is that?    I asked casually.

I..Uh.    He stammered.

Suddenly realization hit me, he wasn't going cause June wasn't in his group. I was furious by that thought but I didn't want to explode.. I tried to keep my calm.

Where you following us??  I asked seriously.

He was taken back by my question.

I wasn't like following!  I am not a Stalker!  He said defending himself.

Sure you aren't!  I said with gritted teeth.

Look!  I don't want trouble.. We can't be distracted like this!  We gotta find June.  He said trying to change the topic.