32. Cold War

Previously on Something Good [a few hours ago before June came to see Becky ]

June P.o.v

I was too lazy to leave my bed but the Andrew kept calling me on my cell. God, I hated him. I picked up the call.

What?!?!? I screamed.

And Good morning to you too sweetheart! He said.

Uh..no isn't! You woke me up!!?! I screamed again.

That was my intention, love! He chuckled.

Okay, I am hanging up! I said rolling my eyes.

Don't you dare go back to sleep! It's 7 already.. We have to be at the library at 8.00 he reminded me.

And who's fault is that? I asked sarcastically.

Your's of course! he said instantly.

I left a long sigh.

Quit pouting.. We have lots to do! He said.

Bye now! I said hanging up the call.

A few minutes later I managed to get out the bed and got ready. All my other roomies were fast asleep. I was kinda jealous of them. I got ready in 30 mins. I wore a loose tank top and a skirt. I made my hair into a messy bun and put on my flip flops and started walking out of my dorm. I felt kinda hungry so grabbed an apple on the way from the mess hall. I texted Becky about the whole punishment thing but there was no reply. I thought maybe she was sleeping too. After all, it was Sunday.

I was walking towards the library but then I thought of surprising Andrew at the front gate. For no apparent reason, I was smiling thinking of him. As I walking towards the entrance I noticed Kelly with some guy. What was Kelly doing here? I went closer to see who was that guy. It was Andrew. It was like She was sticking on to him like chewing gum. I was frustrated by the sight of her. I was furious at first but when I saw Andrew, he was smirking at her too. I was just sad at the moment. I had my frown on and walked away.

I reached the library and started my work. There was a librarian who was waiting for me. She gave instructions about arranging all the books according to its genre. And cleaning all the bookshelves and stuff. She asked about Andrew. I don't wanna talk about him so I acted like I didn't see him. She instructed that I need to be there for at least 2 hrs. She also said janitor will come for closing the library at 12. I agreed in response and then she left me.

I was standing in the middle of the library. It was a huge library. There were more than 100 bookshelves. I was surrounded by lots of books. I wanted to finish the given work in time. Cause honestly I didn't want another punishment. I saw all those dusty books lying on the floor. It's gonna be a long day I thought. I started to get to work. I was sorting all the books according to its genre. Andrew was not here still. I thought of calling him but then I remembered the sight of Andrew with Kelly. I got annoyed and I tried hard, to not think about them. But I can't.

Maybe he liked her better. But how can anyone like her? Do you know? She is just annoying and full of herself. But maybe he found her interesting. Who cares anyway? I thought.

You do! Else you would do your work silently. My mind was screaming. He spoilt my mood I thought. Really? You are doing that to yourself! My conscience was right. I didn't wanna be upset over Andrew. He doesn't mean anything! I mumbled to myself. But I am not sure if I meant that.

There was no one in the Library but I desperately needed someone to talk to. I wish Becky was here to say something, she always knows what to say. But she wasn't here so I started talking to myself. As weird as it sounds I like talking to myself.