Waters Edge Breeze

"You look like something is on your mind." He looked at me with genuine concern. Flashing a smile I wanted so bad to be honest but it wasn't the right time. "No everything is fine." I grabbed his hand and stroked it. His skin was so soft it reminded me of something I felt before, I just couldn't remember what it was the moment. Antonio reminded me of a stuff teddy bear. Even though he wasn't big as two cents, his grip was enough to show me he had a lot more strength then I thought. I laid a blanket out so that we could get comfortable before the fireworks started. It was always something about Independence day that made me appreciate being black.

We locked eyes for a minute before I laid back on the blanket. I'm no mind reader but I knew something felt a little off. Placing my hands behind my head I turned towards Antonio, "You know...do you ever wonder whats outside of Oakland?". I listened attentively as this could be the deal breaker in our conversation. "Sometimes" was all he could say. I didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable so I decided to leave well enough alone.

"Look I don't mean to be short at all but...", I cut him short by placing my finger on his lips. "Don't worry about anything..we have all the time in the world to talk about that." We both let out a sigh of relief as the last of the fireworks were lit. Our bodies laid so close to each other that neither one of us wanted to move. I grabbed his hand and gently stroked it. "Is it wrong for me to have missed you?"

A smile stretched over his face and his cheeks turned a light rosy color, "Nah, I missed you too its crazy". I thew him a crazy look but at least I knew he felt the same as I did. Maybe it was safe to say that in some strange way Antonio has become a friend. The chemistry was there and the connection was almost unbreakable. God works in mysterious and I know this wasn't a mistake. "You know Antonio in some strange way I feel close to you." A silence fell between us and I could hear his heart beat. His guard was so high that it set awkward moments at random times.

"It's okay you don't have to speak, but I wanted you to know how I felt". He turned towards me and that's when the pieces of bricks started to fall. Everyone had disappeared and it was only Antonio and I sitting at water's Edge. Who would have known that this night would really open the door of a new relationship?...