Moving on (The Flash Back)

Vistor's were coming in and out like clock work. Putting my parents house on the market was the best move I could have made. Slowly everything started coming together. I worked my ass off remodeling my parents house, even put in new toilets and floors. It was hard doing everything alone, but hard work always pays off. My next project was to repaint and start packing everything up. Mateo would come over while I was at school and help fix things up. Anything that wasn't worth saving was thrown out. It was time to clean out the clutter, who ever the lucky individuals were to choose my house would get a new start. The yard had been cleaned out perfectly. Everything from Uncle Tim's room was either thrown out or burned. His time was still coming and I was patiently waiting.

Antonio had crossed my mind a few times that day. Things got even worse when I ran across a picture we had taken together at the board walk. Our first date. That night was special to me. I couldn't remember a time I laughed so hard. Antonio was sweet, kind, caring, charismatic, everything a woman needs. The firs time someone had ever showed public display of affection. He was my everything. Looking down at that picture we looked so happy. Almost like we were at peace. At one time and point he was my breath of fresh air.

Sometimes I would take midnight trips to water's edge, sitting in the same spot we use to sit and overlook the water. Some nights I would even sleep in the spot Antonio would sit. It made me remember how in love we were. The good times laughing and acting goofy. The day I crowned him my night in shinning armor was now a memory. Antonio was my everything, and deep my feelings never changed.

The way Antonio would stare at me was intriguing. No one had ever looked at me the way he did. Antonio was brave and I respected him. We were both troubled teenagers and in some strange way that brought us closer. The girl next door meets the bad boy. When my friends turned their backs on me, Antonio stepped up. A big part of me wanted to hate him, and another part was happy for him. Everything he ever wanted he was now getting. Every since he found out about his baby, he started changing. He matured and he was no longer wrapped in himself.

It was nice to see a new side of him. Anyway that I was able to help him I tried. My dislike for Maria wouldn't change what him and I had. We had a bond..a strange bond, but yet a bond. Antonio knew I was hurting behind his situation, but I managed to stay strong. I had found it in myself to forgive him. I couldn't tell him that I wouldn't be around for the birth of the baby. I would be sure to leave something behind before I stepped foot on that plane.

Switching from loving someone to just being friends wasn't easy. Over time everything began playing itself out. I was his shoulder when he needed someone. When things got rough at home, he was coming through the window. I didn't mind it. Sometimes it felt good to know that there was a man in the house. We never really crossed 'that' path. I'd be lying if I said that I didn't miss doing 'that'. Our love making sessions were amazing. How could someone so young do what Antonio was doing? I missed it so much but I knew my place.

I wasn't into stepping on anyone's toes. Antonio and Maria had made things official. They wanted to be a family and out of respect for him, I respected what was going on. To see him light up when he talked about his child made my heart melt. He truly was in love, and I was genuinely happy for him. For once a negative situation help to make something positive.

He was about to be a father and it was time for me to finally move on from that....