The Run In

A few days had passed since the talk with Antonio. He was more distant than ever like what we had was completely gone. My walk home would be even longer than it had usually been. My head was already spinning by Antonio's reactions to things, and to top it off I had a run in with Maria. Now Maria wasn't your typical around the way girl. She had long beautiful black hair, smooth olive complexion, brown eyes, curvy shape, and bright white smile to complete her package. I couldn't hate Antonio for finding this woman attraction, honestly if the shoe was on the other foot I would have gotten with her too. Maria was a beautiful girl for the most part, until we had a run it.

Maria slowly stepped out of her 1989 Ford Taurus. The look on her face let me know who she was, she had no kick it for me. Sucking her teeth she leaned back on her car. "You must be..Stephanie?", her eyes looked me up and down as I was the scum of the earth. Giving her the same stare back, we sized each other up. Her looks didn't intimidate me, neither did her words. "So your the girl Antonio is crazy over, huh? What does he see in one of you people? You aren't like us, y nunca será." Everything in me wanted to snap this bitches neck, but I played it cool. Maria was up for a match and if she wanted to go pound for pound I was down for that too. "You must be Maria?"

Maria was one of the bold types. If you didn't watch your man, she'd be somewhere fucking him and would come back and tell you about. "Yup, the one and only." Whatever was on her mind, she wasted no time in sharing her thoughts. Antonio felt the need to confide in this hating ass broad who pretended to be his friend, but all she was was a snake waiting to spit venom. "This is the Stephanie that moved out of Antonio's house? The Stephanie who Antonio ran in a few weeks after meeting?" Her laugh was no more than a reminder of why I stopped trusting people. Antonio had shared so much information with her and she used everything as ammo.

So many hurtful words came out of Maria's mouth, my ears began bleeding. There was no way I had a come back for the things she was saying. I couldn't deny anything, nor could I pretend it wasn't true. My back was against the wall, and the only thing that crossed my mind was to fight. There was no way I would walk away from this situation looking like a punk. "You talking big shit but you standing by your car. What are you afraid of...Maria?" My words were an open invitation for an ass whooping and she graciously accepted it. Running into Maria was the best thing that could have happened to me. She would allow me to blow off steam and once I finished feeding her an ass whooping, I would walk away as if nothing ever happened.

Maria had a bark and a bite on her. Those were the type of bitches I couldn't stand. She was one you would consider a mean girl. sweet and vicious at the same time. None of that mattered the moment we locked up. No words were exchanged on my end. We handled our business and went our separate ways. She was another bitch who deserved some credit. She put up a damn good fight, but I wasn't about to lose to some bum bitch who used my ex against me. If I ever had the chance I would fight her again, and the next time she wouldn't be walking back to that brand new Taurus. If word got back about our little scrabble It wouldn't be from me. Closed mouths on my end...