The Real Truth

Mike and I had grown closer in some strange way. We had crazy sexual chemistry and the attraction was there. Mike was everything I needed, only thing is he wasn't Antonio. Antonio had this crazy pull on me and getting over him wasn't as easy as I thought. The night I moved back from his house, Mike came over. He was my ear, shoulder, and tissue. The break up with Antonio had me the most vulnerable I had ever been. Things weren't supposed to go down they way they did. Antonio would be there to support me and yet he turned his back. Crazy thing is I couldn't find it in myself to hate him. It wasn't his fault he didn't understand, I just wished we could have communicated a little better. Over time I had forgiven him and moved on. It was time to get my life back in order, no more pitty parties.

Turning my life around wasn't easy. Had I not had the support of my aunt Shelia and Mateo, my record would have continued to play the same tune. Mateo knew his nephew probably meant good, but I didn't have time for flip shit. We had gone our seperate ways and life seemed to be looking up. My neighbors had finally accepted the fact that Antonio was a 'rican', as we called them. We were in love and as long as there was no violence, and he didn't hurt one of my people he was alright.

Barriers were slowly coming down between the blacks and the Hispanics. Mike had plans for us to be the Bonnie and Clyde of our master plan. Once everything hit the fan the blacks and Hispanics would have no choice but to come together. Things had already began changing at school. Mike was seen on my side of the building a lot more, and I made sure to show my face on their side. Antonio didn't have much to do with me during that time. Out of common courtesy I would speak and go about my business. There were times I contemplated outing what Antonio and I had. I missed him and I wanted him back, but his girl Maria was around. There really wasn't a need for me anymore. As much as I hated how things were I respected it. I wouldn't respect it for long though, Antonio was mine and he would know how I felt.

It was time for the truth to be set free. Hopefully he would be up for sitting down for us sitting down and talking. There were some things that I needed to get off my chest. A few truths that need to come out. Friends before anything, right? ...