Dear Summer

Depression had set in and my life felt like it was over. I couldn't take it living under the same roof as Tim. Something had to be done, and in a timely manner. If I didn't move quick Tim would come home and have his way with me, just as he was doing the past few nights. Tim was bold enough to rape me while his girl friend slept in the other room. No matter how hard I tried fight, or scream, I was no match for him. The only thing I valued most was being taken away unwillingly. By a man who was supposed to protect me, not hurt me.

I had to think of another plan to protect myself. Stepping outside the neighborhood was empty. Summer was saying its last goodbye's before changing shifts with fall. I sat on the steps with my head in my hands, staring out into the sky. Something had to give before night fell, or I'd become victim of uncle Tim again. Before I could get any deeper into thought a familiar voice spoke out. "Oye forastero", my heart dropped as I sat in disbelief. The love of my life, my man, my everything, my knight in shinning armor had come back. "Antonio...I missed you so much." Jumping into his arms I broke down crying. "I love you so much but I hate you."

"Stephanie you don't mean that." Pushing him back Antonio stood in shock. "You forgot about me. I needed you and you left me. I hate you" Antonio treed to console me, but there was no use. "I never forgot about you Stephanie. I had-", was all he could get out before I snapped. Antonio was too busy giving himself a pitty party, that he forgot that he had someone else who wanted to be there for him. "That's your problem, you are only thinking about what Antonio is going through. You aren't the only person in the world hurting Tonio. I need you and you weren't there."

Antonio stood in shock as I continued my rant. Everything that I dished out he took. I was hurting and he needed to feel my pain. "Antonio you are so fuckin selfish. While you over there having a fuckin pitty party, my uncle is fuckin raping me damn near every night." Antonio's mouth dropped. His body froze as if he had got the news someone he knew died. "Wait what?" The site of him pissed me off. Disappointment showed all over my face, and Antonio knew he was about to get it.

"You so busy going on with your life, that I'm over here falling apart." Antonio reached out to grab me, but I pushed away. "I bet you didn't know that I have a family anymore. My parent's have gone on with their lives, Antonio. I'm living in this house by myself. While you thinking about yourself, my fucking mother wont be returning home. I'm the one who has to figure out how to make ends meet, and keep a roof over my head. Not you."

The look on Antonio's face was priceless. The girl he'd fell in love with was now broken. My knight in shinning armor was no more. As far as I was concerned he could have went back to his side of town and never came back...