Obsession

Stephanie made me a nice meal as sort of a welcome home gesture. We hadn't really exchanged a word except for maybe a hi and a it's good to see you. Stephanie had been on my mind about as much as Maria and the baby had been. And although technically, I was in a relationship with Maria for the sake of the baby, I only wanted to be around Stephanie at that moment. She made me feel good and that's what I needed at that time. Once she finished preparing the food, she fixed both of our plates and then sat down at the counter with me. Once we took our first few bites, Stephanie ended the awkward silence between us.

"What did you do, Antonio? You never did tell me when you were in there. As many times as I came there and was there for you, you never once told me what happened that had you in there." she asked. I didn't wanna tell her but I figured she needed to know. My parents knew, my sister knew, Carlos knew, but she didn't. It made no sense to keep it from her. I took a deep breath then said, "I shot a girl a couple of years ago. It was an accident...a stupid mistake. I was just tryin to protect myself." She smacked her lips and then gave me a weird look. "Protect yourself from a girl?" she asked. I chuckled and took another bite of my food. "No...I had got into it with another guy before that night. I was actually aiming for him but I ended up hitting her. It's a long ass story." I told her.

"We all make mistakes. This one just happened to come back and haunt you. I just hope you learned from it and stay out of trouble from now on. You don't need to be in jail. You need to be in college somewhere, making a better life for yourself and your new family. You have to be conscious of that, Antonio." she advised. I understood where she was coming from. I needed to change my entire outlook on life. I had grown up a lot but I was still messing up. It needed to stop somewhere and I was more than willing to make that happen.

"I don't wanna disappoint my kid, or myself. I wanna make my kid proud." I told her. I wanted more than anything to be the father that my father wasn't. That started with getting myself together and turning my life around. That started with being honest with myself as well. I didn't love Maria and I was only with her for the sake of our baby. I wanted to tell Stephanie so bad, but I didn't think she would understand. She seemed to be stuck on this whole me and Maria being a family thing. I wanted something different, but I knew she wouldn't be with it.

"What is it that you want out of life?" she asked me, taking another bite of her food. I shrugged my shoulders. "I'm not sure yet. I just wanna be comfortable and I want my kid to be good. That's about it." I replied. "That's all well and good but what does Antonio want for Antonio? You can be a Dad and at the same time be fulfilled." she said. I appreciated the advice, but I didn't think I would ever truly be fulfilled. Any dreams I had as a child had been broken way before then and there was no coming back from that. "I just want some peace. I wanna be happy." I told her. I couldn't stop staring in her eyes and she stared back. "What do you want?" I asked her. She just stared into my eyes, never breaking her gaze. "I wanna be happy...I want something different. My life has been nothing but bad thing after bad thing. I just want some peace." I couldn't have agreed with her more. It seemed like we both wanted the same things but we were on different paths. She was Michigan bound and I wasn't sure what I was going to do with my life. College was in my plans but I had no idea where I was going and what I was going to do to make it after high school.

"I don't wanna go home tonight." I told her. She looked away from me at that point. She didn't wanna over step her boundaries and I understood. Even though in my mind, there were no boundaries to over step. I knew what I wanted and it wasn't Maria. Of course I wanted to be there for my child, but I couldn't deny the fact that Stephanie was always on my mind, every minute of the day, every day of the week and so forth. All I wanted to do was hold her and never let go. But my first mind told me that I needed to let her go so that she could better herself. I wouldn't have been anything but a hinderance. "You have to...go be with Maria. She needs you." she told me, getting up from the counter. I respected her for what she had been doing. I knew she had been holding back because of my situation. But I was about tired of the both of us playing like we didn't want each other.

Stephanie had fallen asleep on the couch at the end of the night. I helped her out by cleaning the kitchen and putting a few things away. When I was done, I walked into the living room and looked at her. She was so beautiful and she looked like an angel just sleeping there. I might have been out of line but I walked over to her and bent down. I placed a kiss on her forehead and then picked her up and carried her into her bedroom.

I put her in her bed and threw her blanket over her. It was taking a lot for me to turn and walk out of the room. I almost felt like my feet were planted and my body wasn't going to let me go anywhere. I had the strongest urge to climb into bed with her. The better part of me told me to go home. The other part of me was forcing me to give in though. My eyes scanned her body...soft thick thighs all the way up to her perfect face. There was no way I was leaving. I pulled my shirt off and climbed into her bed with her. I pulled the cover over the both of us and started kissing her. She woke up immediately and asked, "What are you doing?" I didn't wanna speak at that point, all I wanted to do is feel her. I continued to kiss her until she kissed me back. "I need you." I confessed, pulling at her shirt. She let me pull it off of her and take off her bra. I threw it to the floor and started kissing and sucking on her breasts. She let out a few soft moans and then began sucking on my neck and my ear. She knew that set me off whenever she did that. I pushed her down on the bed and started kissing my way down until my face met my favorite place. I kissed, licked, and sucked until I felt her legs start to shake. I had her right where I wanted her and I knew it. I picked up the pace until she gasped and moaned...she couldn't help but to explode.

My mind was racing and so was my heart. It felt like it was beating out of my chest. Stephanie was the type that
liked to return the favor so I knew what was coming to me. She kissed down my chest and stomach until she reached that point. She sucked and smacked like a professional. I was in Heaven while she bobbed her head up and down, taking me to paradise. I couldn't let her win though...I felt it...that much was true. But I fought the feeling. I pulled her on top of me and she climbed on with no hesitation. We kissed each other like we missed each other, rubbed and held each other like we didn't wanna let go...and she rode me like she had never done before. I could tell her body missed me and I missed hers. That night was something I knew that I would never be able to forget.

I went over Maria's Aunt Jennifer's house the next morning with a guilty conscience. I knew I was wrong. But after all the shit that I had been hearing about Maria lying about me being a father, I sort of felt like I was well within my rights. I didn't know what the truth was, but I was going to find out before I got in that shit too deep. Jennifer walked outside when she saw me walking up with the usual scowl on her face. She was beautiful no doubt, but every time I saw her she had that Cruella Deville face on, which made her ass ugly. "Hmm...good morning jail bird. You're here awfully early." she said, lighting up a cigarette. "You want a cigarette?" she asked, knowing that I smoked. I shook my head. "Nah, I'm cool. I just came to see Maria." I told her. She opened up the door to reveal Maria standing behind her. She walked out onto the porch and the size of her stomach caught my attention. There it was, the truth in black and white. There was a baby in there, about ready to enter the world. Now all that I needed to know was if it was mine or not. I walked up to her and she reached out and hugged me like she was glad to see me.

"It's good to see you, baby. Are you okay?" she asked. I looked down and touched her stomach, that's when I felt the baby kick. It was strong even from the inside. I felt my heart begin to melt, which was a bad thing. I was falling in love and I wasn't sure if the kid was even mine. She reached into her pocket and pulled out a recent ultrasound picture. I looked down at it and the words, "it's a boy" was etched across the image. My mind was blown. If it was mine, I now had a son that had to be raised and taken care of by the both of us. "Boy?" I asked. She nodded, "Yes...a son. Little Antonio." she said. I wanted to be excited, but I couldn't be. I needed to be sure that the baby was mine and questions needed to be asked.

"Maria...we need to talk..."...