District Twelve Female | Ember Lewins [Clove_Thenardier]

Name: Ember Lewins

Age: Sixteen

Sex: Female

District: Twelve

Appearance: Ember has long black hair the color of coal. She wears it down more often than not, and if not down, then pulled back high. Regardless of how she wears it, she likes to leave a few strands to frame her face, because otherwise she thinks she looks too harsh. In her opinion, the charm of her wide brown eyes and her full lips work as a counterbalance to her big nose. Her skin is the dark shade of olive typical for the poorer half of Twelve.

Personality: Ember tries to be a good big sister. She does. But her impatience makes it easy for her to get frustrated with the needs of children, and her hotheadedness makes it easy for her to say some things she might regret when this happens. Adding to her troubles relating to children is her independent nature, and her lack of reliance on anyone else, directly contrary to her younger siblings' dependency on their family.

Background: Ember is the third oldest child in her family. Her parents had her sister first, and then Ember. Her mother died shortly after, due to complications of childbirth (and general low quality Twelve life.) Ember's father remarried when she was five, to a woman with one son. They had three more children together. Ember's been through a few difficult winters, but they've always been able to get through it, partly due to Ember and the other older children taking up odd jobs around District Twelve. When she was thirteen she entered a relationship with a girl from a family she did such jobs for. They've been dating in relative secrecy ever since, right up to the day the girl was reaped and Ember took her place

Volunteered

Strengths: Having grown up in the poor sector of the district, Ember is used to being hungry and won't be tempted to do anything stupid for food, and she'll be able to function better without it than some of the more well food tributes. She knows the theoretical basics of how to wield an axe, because the miners in her family have taught her how using whatever they could. In addition, in her house it is joked about that in irony with her impatience, she has an uncanny ability to stand perfectly still.

Weaknesses: Ember is quick to anger and may do something on impulse to the heat of the moment. She happens to have difficulty seeing things far away, so her aim is good as useless. She has no experience in hand to hand combat, either.

Token: A scarf her stepbrother had been planning to give her for a gift.

Other: She never trusts anyone else to do things right.