Task Five | Natura Nihil Frustra Facit

Nature does nothing in vain.

"Alright, so we've had several deaths, as planned, Ms. Fanta," quipped Hector Dosque. "They are

District Four Male, Eton Morgan [Squad53];

District Seven Male, Redwood "Red" Acres [AverageEverydayHero]; and

District Ten Male, Nico Deacon [iamtheLAWtheREALone].

But otherwise, everything is in preparation for the next challenge. I've made sure the tributes are all ordered and within a viable vicinity of each other to be forced to have only one option: cooperate, or die."

"Good," said Florence. "Victinius, I require you to inform the Control Hub of the matter. Get ready to send the rain, and make sure they pressure the tributes into pairs. I'm already annoyed at this batch of tributes enough. Well, it's not annoyance, of course. I just need to see a winner and I'm only seeing a few fighters. If they would pay attention to things, then maybe that would help but...I'm sorry, I know it isn't their fault. Let's just get this ready."

---

THE TASK

Welcome to my literal favourite task ever: storms! The arena has been kind to you so far, but not anymore. With everyone at the river, the arena is suddenly blanketed in angry clouds, and a torrential downpour floods the river in mere moments. Creatures and mutts of all sorts try to seek shelter, and so must you. There is no exception to finding shelter, and I'll explain why in a moment. The arena is now a hazard to everyone's safety. Imagine it as the predecessor to Noah's Ark, except there's nothing to help you. If the rain isn't enough of a deterrent for you, there happens to be lightning that strikes, and when lightning strikes extremely damp soil, you are electrocuted. Your tribute will not know this, but I'm advising you of it now.

There are numerous places to shelter. Small caves that can fit a person comfortably and two snugly, as well as the unusual hiding spot of being within a tree, as many are hollowed out from...well, you don't really want to know what hollowed them out. Regardless, the biggest tree with this strange deformity is enough for two tributes to stand side by side.

And now, for what you've all been waiting for: this is an ALLIANCE TASK. Even better, it's a FORCED one. This means I've chosen the alliances. You DO NOT need to collaborate or even talk to your partner, but be advised characterization is key in this entry. You will be sending in an entry of your own, and so will your partner. Both entries can go different ways, or you can sort of coordinate, but please note I'm not always a huge fan of the "look how similar we're being" trope.

PS I love choosing alliances that wouldn't normally happen. Enjoy!

THE ALLIANCES

District Nine, Follin Ryme; and District Six, Valentine Oceanfall.

District Four, Jacqueline "Jackie" Ecclestone; and District Twelve, Ember Lewins.

District Five, Leo Tolstoy; and District Ten, Calliope Adoni-Zedek.

District Seven, Aspen Summers; and District Eleven, Therese "Tess" Borde.

District Three, Paige Chromadell; and District One; Crystal Caverly.

District Eleven, Jeffrey R. Beers; and District Eight, Roscoe Wayland.

WORD LIMIT

2500

BALLOTS

Ballots will be working in the way that you will ballot ONE TEAM as a whole. The team with the most ballots will face a ballot challenge next task.

THE BALLOT CHALLENGE

Leo Tolstoy, because you gained the most ballots last task, this round, either you or your ally in the entry must have hindrances in communication. You or your partner will not be able to communicate with the other. This challenge does NOT apply to Calliope Adoni-Zedek.

DUE DATE

Saturday, April 9, 10PM GMT.