2.

Karrueche.

"So...how was your weekend?" Cassie asked me.

I bit into my sandwich and shrugged. My weekends aren't always excited due to my busy schedule.

"You know I stay occupied so I barely have anything to do. You remember two weeks ago when we went to the club?" I asked, she nodded. "That was the only fun I had in like three months."

Cassie shook her head. "Damn, Kae. You need to talk to your boss about you taking a break."

I rolled my eyes. "Like that's ever going to happen, he's so damn strict. I just need somebody who can keep me happy 24/7."

"A boyfriend or girlfriend perhaps?" Cassie smirked, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

I laughed. "Don't even go there. I meant like somebody who knows how to have fun."

"You saying Christina and I ain't fun?"

I sucked my teeth. "You guys always want to go to the club. I'm not a club person really, it was just fun at the moment. I want to go different places. I wouldn't mind going to the zoo or something."

Cassie was texting on her phone. "That is not fun, Karrueche. But hey, can we finish this another time?"

"Sure. What happened?" I asked.

"Sean needs me for something. He says it's a emergency but I doubt it." She placed some money on the table and stood up.

"Okay. I love you." I smiled.

She smiled. "I love you too. I'll call you later."

I gave her hug before she left. I sighed and finished my glass of water.

"Would you like a refill?" The waitress asked.

I shook my head. "No, thanks. Here's the check."

I started putting my jacket on when she left. I pulled out my phone and seen I had a miss call. I looked and seen it was....Kehlani? I haven't spoken to her since the club.

I was going to call her but every time I tried, I got nevrous. Then after while I thought maybe she would call. And when she didn't, I knew she forgot about me.

When the waitress came back with my change, I left the restaurant and called Kehlani back.

"Hello, Kehlani?" I asked.

"I'm sorry if I called you while you were busy." She apologized.

"No, you're okay. I didn't hear my phone ringing." I said back quickly, hoping she wouldn't hang up.

She chuckled. "And I'm sorry for just now calling you. I've been busy."

I smiled. "You're alright. I was going to call you - but I was busy also." I lied.

"What you doing now?"

"Well I'm leaving Zaxby's now." I bit the inside of my lip.

"Can you meet me somewhere?"

After a while, we agreed to meet at the park. There was some festival thingy going on and she wanted me to come with her. I was going to meet her in like 30 minutes so I could change.

-

I pulled into the parking lot and parked my car. I decided to stay in the car and wait for her.

I'm here. - 6:30

I slid my fingers through my hair and looked at myself through my mirror. I didn't really have makeup on because it's a festival, not a runway.

Kehlani : Meet me by the statue. - 6:33

I grabbed my purse and got out the car. I locked my doors before walking towards the festival. It was so windy out here, my hair kept smacking me in my face. I stood by the statue and looked around Kehlani.

I felt a pair of hands cover my eyes. "Guess who?"

I smiled. "Tank?"

"Try again."

"Umm, Ciara?"

She smacked her lips and removed her hands. "Forreal?"

I laughed. "I'm playing. I knew it was you."

She laughed, putting her arm over my shoulders as we started walking.

"So what is this festival about?" I asked looking over at her.

"It's like a black history thing. You never been to one?" She asked.

I shook my head no. "I don't have time."

"Why not?"

I sighed. "I'm a model and I act sometimes so I stay doing a lot of things."

Kehlani nodded. "I know how you feel, you just wanna have fun sometimes."

"Exactly." I smiled at her, she smiled back. "What do you do?"

"I model sometimes but nothing major and sing." She shrugged.

"Really? Lemme hear something." I said excitedly, stopping.

She laughed. "Maybe next time."

"Promise?" I asked, holding out my pinky.

She smirked and locked her pinky with mine. "Promise now come on."

Throughout the night, we played games and brought some stuff. We brought some food and sat down at a table by a water fountain.

"How is your night going so far?" Kehlani asked eating some chicken.

I sipped on my lemonade and smiled. "Just right. I never been to one of these before and it's so nice."

Kehlani really made my day. This had to be the best time of my life. I've never had this much fun.

As I was laughing at Kehlani, my phone buzzed in my purse. I excused myself and went to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Karrueche, you have a meeting at 8." My manager said then hung up.

See what I mean? I have to end my date, well day out with Kehlani so early. I didn't want to stop this night at all.

"Why you look so sad? Is there something on my face?" Kehlani asked.

I laughed and looked down. "No. I have to go though, I'm sorry."

"You good. I guess it's getting late." Kehlani seemed a little disappointed.

"What are you doing Sunday?" I asked.

"I'm singing at Windburg."

I smiled. "Great. I'll be there."

Kehlani smiled. "Sounds like a plan. Call me later, okay?"

"Okay."

We hugged for a while and she kissed my cheek. We went our seperate ways.

I honestly couldn't wait to see her again. And hear her sing was a bonus over everything. I knew I was going to tell Cassie and Christina everything or they was going to find out anyway.