28.

Y'all wattpad has been acting really dumb so I don't know who has chapter 27. Lmk.

-

Kehlani.

It's been two weeks since Karrueche's been in the hospital. Today she was getting her surgery and I was scared. I knew she was strong but it's not about you, it's about whatever happens.

"So we're about to begin the surgery. We don't know how long it will take, we're more worried about her getting better."

"Thank you doctor." Mr. Tran smiled holding his wifes hand.

We all sat in the lobby, quiet as can be. It was nerve racking and none of us liked Karrueche's parents, not even Jacob. I sighed feeling my anxiety kicking in, I hated hospitals.

Flashback

I sat in my bedroom, looking up at the ceiling. It was cracked and dirty because we lived in a junky apartment.

"Richard, just give me what I need." I heard my mama please my step father.

"You have to earn it, sweetheart."

"No I'm not doing that." I could hear the frustration in her voice.

"What you say woman?"

"Please no."

I heard a loud smack causing me to jump. Muffled cries followed after. I got up from my bed quietly and peeked into the living room. I seen Richard choking my mother who was turning blue.

"Get off her!" I screaming hiting him in his back.

He let go and pulled out a gun from his waist band. He shoved me into the chairs and chuckled.

"This is nice family moment."

"Leave us alone." I spat.

"But I'm the one who's married to your mother. I'm sure she wouldn't care if you just vanished huh?"

My mother stood behind him with a glass vase and hit him the head. He turned around and shot her twice in her stomach.

"Mama!" I screamed and ran towards her.

"If you ever tell them who did this I will find you and kill you." He said before running out the house.

"Mama you're gonna be okay. I promise. Hang on." I ran towards the house phone and called 911, keeping a eye on her.

>>>>

It was only me in the waiting room at the time because Richard made mama lose all contact with our family. I was slowly drifting off when the doctor called me.

"Are you Carol Parrish?" I nodded. "Do you know anybody you can call?"

"No why? Is something wrong?" My heart started racing.

"I'm sorry sweetie but your mother didn't make it."

Before I broke down crying, I couldn't even move or breathe. She couldn't be gone, it was only a dream. It had to be.

They got ahold of my grandmother and that's who took of me until I was 17.

Present

Finally, after almost 4 hours, the doctors came up to us. We all stood up and surronded him.

"Is she okay? Please tell me good things." Ms. Tran crossed her hands together.

"She's fine. The surgery went well but now she has to stay for a few more days and she's free to go."

"Yes!" Jurnee smiled.

"Oh thank you so much." Mr. Tran shook his hand.

I stood off in the corner, thanking God for allowing me to keep my baby girl. I wiped my eyes and walked over to Jurnee, Dylan and Jacob.

"I'm so glad she's okay." Jacob sighed placing his hand over his chest.

"Me too. I knew my girl would make it." Jurnee agreed.

"Karrueche is a solider alright?"

"Right." We all agreed.

We got quiet when Karrueche's parents walked up to us.

"Kehlani can we speak to you alone?"

I looked at them and they nodded walking off. I sighed and sat down along with her parents.

"We want to say sorry and you don't have to accept it but we are. We were just scared Karrueche was forcing herself into something she thought was right. We thought Chris was the one for her but he wasn't. We were wrong in the past for denying her love for you. She truly loves you and you make her happy, we want you to keep her happy."

Her dad nodded in agreement. "Karrueche hasn't been this happy in a while. Now we're wondering if she was ever faking her love with Chris. We want to be apart of you guys wedding if we could."

I never thought her parents would come to their damn senses. I accept their apology but it's gonna be a while until I trust them.

"I accept your apology and I do apologize on my behalf. Although I don't trust y'all well enough so the wedding thing for me issa no."

"That's fine and understandable. Thank you Kehlani."

I smiled and stood up. "No problem."

-
Aww Kae made it guys! Her parents knew they was wrong the whole time. Should I be nice and update twice today?

I'm excited for this wedding man. Y'all gon love this.