34.

Kehlani.

"Nigga I asked you did you want anything and I quote nah I'm good."

"It look good now."

I rolled my eyes and handed Dylan my fries. "You did that shit on purpose. I should smack you."

"You ain't gon do shit."

I was chilling with Dylan while the girls were dress shopping. The wedding would be in two months and everything was falling into place.

"When is your next appointment?"

"Tomorrow I think." He sighed and closed his eyes. "This is no joke."

"I know but you'll get over it. I promise."

He chuckled and flicked my ear. "I can't believe you getting married. It don't seem right."

"I don't believe it either. We been together for a year and now we getting married. Are we moving too fast?"

"Keh y'all in love so no. It's natural but most couples don't last afterwards." Dylan mumbled.

I hit him upside his head laughing. "Forreal Dylan?"

"I'm fucking with you Keh. Everything gon be smooth." He laughed but he sighed. "What if I don't make it to the wedding?"

"Don't say that. I don't want you talking in denial."

"Honestly though anything can happen with cancer." He shrugged.

"That doesn't mean it's gonna be something bad. Look let's just keep being positive."

The girls walked in laughing with many bags in their hands.

"I thought y'all was looking?" Dylan said pointing at their bags.

"Who goes to the mall just to look? We couldn't help ourselves." Jurnee shrugged. "But of course I thought about you." She reached into her bag and pulled out a lingerie.

"For me?" Dylan bit his lip.

"Okaay baby you ready?" I chuckled as Kae nodded. "I'll holla at y'all later."

"Bye guys. Kae call me later."

I followed Kae out to the car and got in. Once she's in, I started up the car and drove home.

"What did you find?" I asked placing my hand on her thigh.

"So I want my bridesmaids which is Jurnee to wear royal blue. I feel like royal blue and white goes together perfectly." She smiled kissing my hand softly.

"Sounds great baby. Have you talked to your parents lately?"

She nodded. "Yeah, they're trying too hard to get this invite. I still feel iffy about the whole situation. It took them a life threatening incident for them to "accept" me. Or even us."

"Your parents, your decision but just know I'm on your side. I still don't like them." I shook my head as she laughed.

"I know baby." She traces my hand tattoos. "But I'm excited for our honeymoon."

"Me too. I know I say we gon fuck a lot but I just wanna enjoy my life with you."

"Don't make me cry Keh." She smiled and kissed my cheek.

I pulled into our driveway and noticed someone standing in front of our door. It was a tall woman and two little boys.

"Who's that?" Kae asked unbuckling her seatbelt.

"Stay in the car. I'll be back." I get out and slowly approach the three. "Excuse me? Can I help you?"

The woman quickly looked up at me and I couldn't see her face. She walked off leaving the two boys.

"Hey! You forgot them!" I looked down at the boys and noticed a note in one of their hands.

He handed it to me and I looked over it.

Kehlani,

I can no longer look after Charlie and Calvin. I've become unemployed and worry about when they'll have their next meal. I promise once I get everything straight, I'll be back for them.

Charlie is hard at hearing so sign language is best for him. Calvin usually helps out if you ask him but he doesn't talk as much. They're quiet and shy and also smart. They're 7 years old and their birthday is December 10th.

Everything you need for them is provided in the envelope. I appreciate you dearly and hope you and Karrueche could welcome my boys into your home until further notice. Thank you.

Ayana.

"What happened? Where'd she go?" Kae asked looking over my shoulder at the little boys.

"I'll explain everything. Let's get them in the house."

I unlock the door and push it open, gesturing for them to go in. They take off their shoes revealing the many holes in their socks. They step in and place their shoes by the door. I looked at Karrueche and she looked at me. She walked in and I closed the door.

"Hey guys, are y'all hungry or thirsty?" I asked them, they shake their heads no. "Can you talk for me?"

They shook their head no again and I sigh. Kae stares at them with her arms crossed over her chest in confusion.

"Back in high school, Dylan and I had this other friend Ayana. We would all kick it and have fun. Until one day, she left. She didn't text Dylan or me which worried us because we told each other everything. There was signs put up for her vanishment. Two years later, I get a call from a unknown number. I answer it and it's Ayana. She tells me she's okay and she's been fine all along. That's when she told me about her having twin boys. I always forgot their names."

I gnawed at my nail looking at Charlie and Calvin who scoped the house.

"I always knew she had trouble with money so I helped her when I could. Then she stopped communicating with me up til now. The note basically said she couldn't handle it at the moment and trusted me to look after them."

"Kehlani she can't show up and drop her children off without a full explanation. Can we even look after them?" I knew she was upset but I couldn't leave them outside, not like I would. "This is complete bull—crap."

"Kae I have no way of giving them back and why would I knowing she can't take care of them at the moment?"

"I'm worried about us not being able to provide them the attention they need. I'm pretty sure that's what she was having problems with. We're always busy. I don't want them to feel secluded. We're already strangers to them." She closed her eyes and rubbed her temples. "How are they?"

"At least 7."

Karrueche sat beside them and they looked at her with a smile. Her lips tugged into a small smile.

"Hi Charlie and Calvin, which I don't know who is who. I'm Karrueche. You're positive you don't want anything?" She asked and they shake their heads yes. She nodded and looked back at me. "Well they need new clothes so we need to go shopping."

"Okay baby. Let's go."

long time, no post. i missed writing this book and i forgot i had a whole chapter for you guys.

anyways

vote, comment & follow.