5.

Kehlani.

I took off my headphones and sighed. Blank. Nothing was popping up in my head. I threw away about a hundred pieces of paper. I was trying to make a new song but I kept getting lost.

"You straight, Keh?" I looked up and seen Dylan.

"No." I said honestly. I put my laptop down along with my notebook.

Dylan plopped down beside me. "What you tryna write about?"

"I don't know yet." I shrugged.

Dylan laughed. "You shit outta luck."

I smacked him. "Fuck you, Dylan."

Just as we was about to start fighting, my phone rung. I seen Boo flash across my screen, I slid answer.

"Wassup?" I answered.

"I'm home."

I pulled my phone back and looked at the time. 8:58.

"Alright. I'm on my way. You need anything?" I asked.

"Can you get me some chic-fil-a? I'm sorry." She laughed.

"For what?"

"I should've got something on the way back."

I smiled. "I know you tired so i'ma go get it for you."

"Okay. Thanks love."

"No problem beautiful."I put my phone in my pocket and stood up.

"Yo ass finna get some pussy."Dylan smirked and nodded. "Go ahead cous."

"Nigga you a trip. Holla at you later." I walked to my bathroom and checked in my mirror, making sure I looked okay.

" I walked to my bathroom and checked in my mirror, making sure I looked okay

I grabbed my keys and was on my way to get my baby some food.

×××

I knocked on her door and waited for her to answer. She opened the door and immediately smiled.

"Ugh I missed you so much."She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed my cheek. "I smell chic-fil-a."

"You know I gotchu."I kissed her forehead and handed her the bag.

"Thank you. Come in."She stepped back and let me in.

I walked in and was amazed by the decoration she had. I watched her walk into the kitchen then walk back out.

"Sit down babe."She laughed and patted beside her. I chuckled and sat down.

"How was your day?"I asked looking over at her.

She shrugged and ate her chicken nuggets. "It was alright. Jacob was pushy as always."