33.

Karrueche.

It's been almost three days since Dylan was admitted to the hospital. They were still running test on him, they had no idea why this happened.

Jurnee stayed with him most of the time now that he's awake. Lani and I would visit occasionally but then we had to get back to work.

"I'm so stressed out." I sighed running my fingers through my hair.

"With what?"

"This wedding, my kaepop is releasing again soon and now Dylan."

Kehlani walked in between my legs and lifted my chin. "Baby you don't gotta stress over anything because it will all be fine. Dylan is doing better, your kaepop hit it off the first time and this wedding is gon be exactly how you dreamed it to be."

I bit my lip looking up at her and nodded. She leaned down and pecked my lips multiple times.

"I can't wait to have your last name." I mumbled through the intense kiss.

Kehlani was on top of me. "I can't wait for this honeymoon. We not sleeping at all."

I pulled back and looked at her. "Speaking of which, no more sex."

"You can't be serious." She looked at my face and smacked her lips. "Why must you torture me?"

"Baby this is a good idea. That way once the honeymoon comes we can have sex all day and night. I don't want you to get tired."

"I can never get tired of fucking you sweetheart." She whispered in my ear.

"After this one, no more." I said unhooking my bra.

"Bet."

"How's everything going with Dylan?" Jacob asked as we sat in the meeting room.

"He's doing better but the doctors are still running some more test."

"That's good. I told Jurnee she can take as long as she needs to."

"Yeah she's pretty upset."

"With being pregnant and all, it's harder." He mumbled going through some papers.

I shot my head up quickly. "Did I tell you that? Oh my gosh, she's going to fucking kill me."

"You don't think I can tell when a woman is pregnant? It's obvious. Especially for first timers."

"So I didn't tell you?" I calmed down a little.

Jacob laughed. "No but you were scared."

"That wasn't funny Jacob."

A few minutes later, some woman came in and greeted Jacob. Supposedly I would be modeling for Sephora soon and I was excited. My phone vibrated in my purse and I pulled it out seeing Jurnee. I excused myself and walked out.

"Is everything alright?"

"So the doctors finally figured out what's wrong with him." She sighed. "He has cancer."

"He has...cancer?"

"Apparently he's been secretly going to appointments without telling anyone."

"How long?"

"Almost a month now. They said it's not as harmful now but soon it might." Jurnee sniffed and I knew she was on the verge of crying.

"Aw Jurnee don't cry. God has a reason for these things." I tried to comfort.

"Seems like all He wants me to do is struggle. I don't think He's helping me right now." She chuckled and sighed. "I gotta go."

I sighed and put my phone in my pocket. I wonder does Kehlani know yet. I'm pretty sure she doesn't considering she hasn't called.

I felt bad for Jurnee. She was supposedly pregnant and her baby father has cancer. In risk of losing his life and not being able to be in his child's life. But Dylan could win this battle.

I walked back in and took my seat.

"Congratulations. You're now working with Sephora and we're more than glad to have you on our team." The petite lady smiled as she extended her hand.

"Wow—thank you very much." I smiled shaking her hand. "This is great."

Kehlani.

"She said she's never been to Bahamas or Paris."

"I think Paris would be the perfect idea. I mean everyone goes to Bahamas so let's make it different." Linda explained as she wrote some things down.

"I hope this all goes well." I sighed putting my head in my hands. "I can't deal with anymore shit."

"Well this is the life you chose. Being famous can cause all kinds of problems and this isn't the worse case."

"Why does it always happen when everything is smooth?"

Linda chuckled as she closed her book. "Because it upsets people to see you happy, they're not happy with their lives so they try hurt others."

It was hard with Dylan not here. He helped me with everything, especially music. I still had idea what was wrong with him and it was starting to piss me off.

"Hello my pumpkin." Kae walked in.

"Wassup?"

I heard her drop her things and walk towards me. She sat beside me and put her legs in my lap.

"What are you working on?"

"A song but it's not coming out how I imagined. Anyways how was work?" I leaned my head on the back of the couch and looked at her.

"You're looking at a Sephora candidate." She smiled widely.

"What? That's fucking amazing baby." I grabbed her chin and pecked her lips. "I'm proud of you."

She blushed and bit her lip. "Thank you." Her smirk suddenly turned into a frown. "I have to tell you something."

I scrunched my face up and moved away nodding slowly.

"I talked to Jurnee today and they found out why Dylan passed out." I watched her fiddle with her fingers until she made eye contact with me. "Dylan has cancer. He's been going to his appointment for a month."

I stared at her in shock. "You fucking with me right? You have to Kae."

Tears started to leave her eyes. "Baby..."

"It's not true. Dylan can't have cancer, he looks perfectly fine." I chuckled shaking my head.

"Kehlani looks can be deceiving and it's only time before it gets worse."

I threw whatever was in view at the wall. I dropped down on the floor, bawling my eyes out. Kae wrapped her arms around me and kissed my head.

"He can't Kae. He just can't.." I cried louder holding her.

"I'm sorry honey." She sniffed and rubbed my back softly.

Hearing my best friend had cancer, scared me. Cancer was a mean disease and only some people fight it. I knew for sure Dylan could. He had too much life ahead of him and I didn't want him to miss it.