Chapter 1 - My life!!

Lucy Hale as Shanaya Halis.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We live a life of : 'Almost'!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1 : My Life!!

Shanaya's P.O.V.

Taking deep breaths and with my rapidly beating heart, I was running as fast as fast I could behind the damn bus. My legs were tired and my spectacle was slipping off from my nose because of the amount of sweat on my face, thanks to this morning unwanted exercise.

Extra night shift does make a lazy person like me woke up late in the morning and as a result, I am late today also. Talk about being punctual.

"Hey, stop the bus", I was shouting at the top of my lungs waving a hand in the air still running behind the bus but that idiot bus driver didn't pay any mercy to my pleas and just drove away.

Idiot!!

Fully exhausted, I came back to the bus stop. Inhaling deep breaths, I sat down on the bench and placed a hand on my heart. It took me five minutes to get my rapid breath even. I drank some water and waited for another bus to arrive.

My mobile rang all of a sudden. I glanced at my watch and looked at the time. Sighing, I opened my bag and took out my mobile. As expected it was a call from my only and best friend, Aaliya Gomez.

My mobile screen displays the name, "My Bae" which was saved by Aaliya only because she believes that she's special and special people always have a nickname. She had saved my name with "Only yours" on her mobile. She can be weird sometimes.

"Hello", I said and took a deep breath.

"Don't Hey me. Where are you? I am waiting for you from past thirty minutes", Aaliya grumbled.

Did I tell you she had some major anger issues?

"Calm down Aaliya. I missed my bus. I'll get another one and will be there soon", I tried to convince her. Keyword, 'Tried'.

"You better be or I'll kill you with my own hands", She warned me. I just rolled my eyes.

"Okay. See you soon, I replied and hung up. I kept my mobile back in my bag.

Last night, I have to work for two extra hours because of less staff at the office. I don't mind working for extra hours as I got extra pay for that. I can't say No to some extra money now, can I?

Answer is NO!!

But late night shifts and overwork gave me less time to sleep. As a result, I find it impossible to wake up on time for my college today morning.

Another bus arrived at the stop and with other people, I too got in and luckily found a vacant seat near the window. I sighed thankfully and sat down and enjoyed the view outside the window.

I work at a Call Centre on the night shift as in the morning, I have a college to attend. I live with my mom and my job is the only source of survival for me and my mom.

My mother, Mrs Stella Halis is a patient of hypertension since last ten years. Her health is not getting any better but worsening as the days are passing. Her poor health is my major concern.

After my father's death, my uncle, James Petrakis, my mother's brother offered a hand of help to us. Albeit, in reality, he made our life a living hell in the name of his so-called support. He deceived us and seized our property. We're home arrest at his place and also his all time servants.