Chapter 49 - Night Out!!

🍁"We're A Mess
You And I,
But The Truth Is, You Captivate Me In Ways,
No Soul Will Ever Will"🍁

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 49- Night Out!!

Kristein's P.O.V.

Two months. Sixty days and exactly one thousand four hundred sixty hours have passed since I've talked to my would be wife, Miss. Shanaya Halis Thompson. Not that I'm counting or anything but does that girl have any courtesy or not? I'm gonna be her husband soon and she decided to block me.

She never fails to surprise me!!

So what if I called her? I want to know her more and I want to tell her about myself just like how couples do. I know this engagement was against her will but I seriously like her. Is it a crime to marry someone you like? It's not like I've kidnapped Emily and dragged Shanaya in all this. This is fate and I don't know why is she not accepting it?

She hates you, my heart said.

She should give me at least one chance to win her heart. I deserved that much. She must give me one try. I really want to show her my nice side but that's not gonna happen by staying miles away. She even stopped me from calling or even texting her.

One stubborn wife I'm gonna have!!

But I got the chance to talk to Angelina at Steve's wedding. We ended up talking about Shanaya and Angelina filled me with information about Shan's dreams and her ambitious view. I was impressed by Shanaya would be an understatement and after talking to Angelina, I felt strongly to help Shan to achieve her dreams as soon as possible. I'm deciding to offer her the job at one of our companies. I really hope she doesn't deny.

There's no harm in hoping, right?

Today, I'm going with my parents to attend Zac's marriage. My sole purpose of going there is to meet my fiance who is avoiding me like anything. I'm nervous to meet her and excited too. I'm going to see her beautiful face after so long. Congratulating the couple is my second priority. Don't judge me. I'm needy. I am dying to talk to Shanaya.

After parking the car, I walked to the church and bless my stars that I found her outside the church. She was busy on her mobile, with her back facing me. It irked me. She can talk to the world except me.

"So, you do pick up calls. Ain't you?", I asked and she turned half view to look at me. She hung up and turned around completely giving me her full view. My breath hitched inside my throat after seeing her.

That soft baby face, those light red cheeks, those pink plump lips and those beautiful brown eyes of her looking right into me as if reading my mind. The strands of hair falling over her face were a tease. I wanted to tug them behind her ear so badly. Damn, she's gorgeous.

"Welcome. Thanks for coming. Please congratulate the couple", Shanaya gave me her formal welcome. Why is she so cold to me? Am I that bad?