Chapter 59 - Friends!!

🍁"I Love You.
What if you're lying?
  I'll lie forever then"🍁

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 59 - Friends!!

Shanaya's P.O.V.

"Why?", I repeated again. A frown married my forehead.

I asked Kristein the most logical question and he's giving me silence in response. He seemed lost in some other world. From the moment we've sat here, he's acting weird. He's quite which is odd. He's not picking up any fight. He's just not behaving like himself. He's just thankfully not getting on my nerves for a change.

I want to know what will he do if I ran away from this marriage too? If he'll let me go easily just like Emily then there are possibilities for me to escape this wedding. It's not like I'm gonna run away but one must have a plan B just in case.

He looked into my eyes with his blue orbs and said, "What, why? I've said No. That's an answer. Don't you understand?". His voice was laced with a complaint.

"That's not an answer. You never take my No as an answer. Don't expect me to respect your NO even", I said. He looked hesitant. I am seeing this side of his for the first time and I won't deny that I'm enjoying it.

"You're so stubborn. Do you know that?", He asked leaving a deep sigh.

"Yes, I'm. Now answer me", I asked not backing off.

"Fine. Then listen to me very carefully", he said. A different kind of determination was heard in his voice. I nodded.

He sat straight in his position and looking right into my eyes, he said, "You're special.. to me and I don't want you to leave me". His words sounded like an affirmation. I was at a loss of words. He looked into my eyes. They're asking for an answer in response.

Special? How can I be special to him? I don't like his statement. Feeling of love, affection, being special everything reminds me of Daniel and these happy moments remind me of the later sad part where Dan cheated on me. He made me feel things people talk in novels and then he just walks away. I hate these romantic emotions. They're stupid and they make you weak. They're not worth your attention.

"What now? Cat caught your tongue?", Kristein spoke. I looked at him and then looked away.

"I don't know what to say", I said honestly.

"Then don't say anything. I didn't ask you anything", he said softly as he holds my hand lightly. He gave me a soft smile.

Is he special to me? Can I ever find a place for him in my heart? Can I ever fall in love with him or anyone for that matter? Do I even want to give this relationship a chance? Oh my god. Things are getting more and more complicated. How can Kristein like me? This is crazy. He must be lying.