Chapter 48 - Ignoring You!!

🍁"Whether We Fall In Or Completely Fall Out, You and I Will Always Have A Story"🍁

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 48 - Ignoring You!!

Shanaya's P.O.V.

Surrounded by the piles of files all around me, I was engrossed in my work that I miss to notice the knock on my door. Zac walked in with a frown marrying his forehead.

"What the hell is going on? Muffin, may I know why did you ask my staff to give their work to you?", He asked standing in front of me with his hands folded across his chest.

"Because you clearly don't want to give me any work. I need experience and you're treating me like a kid", I replied and he rolled his eyes.

"I don't want to burden you. I do give you work which is important. Stop doing others work or else I'll have to reconsider your remarks", he said.

I rolled my eyes but nodded. He's the boss and my brother both. I can't go against him. "Fine. But I'll complete these file at least". He nodded and left. The cafe guy came with my coffee after some time. I smiled. Zac must have ordered it for me.

I've a caring brother. Touchwood!!

My work completed late so the time I reached my house it was half-past nine. Two freakin months have passed since I've been engaged to Kristein. I've kept myself busy during this time so that the dreaded reality of me being his fiance doesn't pass through my mind much.

Last month his brother Steve was married to Nina. My parents and my brother along with Olivia attended the marriage. My friends were also there but I was not. I deliberately volunteered myself to a meeting and skipped the marriage. I don't want to see that man ever. I'll keep our meeting delay as much as I can.

I know I've no choice rather than marrying him but as much time as I could have with me for myself as my singlehood, I'm gonna make the best out of it. Zac was disappointed because he couldn't attend the engagement and also to the fact that I was forced in that but he couldn't say anything to mom. I'm actually still mad at my mom and I'm trying to avoid her too. I've succeeded in delaying the marriage to six months. I wanted to delay it for more than a year but that jerk manipulated everyone and I've four months of my freedom left.

I had some quality time with my friends back in New York before coming back to Paris. I need my friends the most in this complicated situation. The time I reached home, my mom was sitting with Olivia and Angels looking at some jewelleries which a young lady had brought home.

"What's going on here?", I asked placing my bag on the couch. Nancy brought a glass of water for me. I thanked her.

"We're selecting some jewelry for Olivia and a few for us", Angel said.

"Come join us", Olivia said.

"I'll join you after freshening up", I said and walked to my room.

Zac and Olivia are going to get married within a week and I can't be more happy for them. They love each other and finally, they're going to seal their love with this marriage. Apart from all the happiness, only thought which is troubling me is that I've to face that Kristein.