That Would Be Enough

ImmortalHD/AleksXFemale Reader, T, approx 4000 words, reference to musical Hamilton

Reader has been cast in a touring musical for their show in Colorado. She's been working for months on this, and she wants everyone, especially her boyfriend to love it as much as she has loved being apart of the show. The only problem is, Aleks has been distant for weeks, and the night of the show may be the straw that breaks the camel's back. 

I do not own any piece of The Creatures and I am simply stating that this is a work of fiction and holds no reality to it beyond being an imagine/reader insert. 

Please feel free to send me requests or suggestions, I'd love to make more of these (though they will probably be shorter than this haha, granted I say that about everything and it all turns out longer than I expected.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Months, and months of hard work had gone into this one night. Countless hours of singing, rapping, dancing, and acting in your office alone, had led to this night. You had always been in love with theatre, and you love of performing had turned into a career for yourself on YouTube, where you got to make music all while still playing video games. You absolutely loved what you did, you had started out making walkthroughs and it only evolved further and further.

You even became friends with other gamers, soon enough becoming one of the members of their group, "The Creatures". The time you spent with them made up for years of making it on your own without anyone by your side. They were your family, and for one, Aleks, it was even deeper.

The two of you had been dating for over a year at that point, and you were beyond excited to show him, and everyone else, what you had been working for. You had found out earlier that year that the hit show Hamilton would be touring the United States, and parts of the rest of the world during the winter. In your effort to bookmark when tickets would go on sale, ecstatic that they were stopping in your home of Denver, Colorado, you realized they were looking for an extra cast member.

But it wasn't just any member, Lin-Manuel Miranda, the lead in the show had known he wouldn't be able to perform in the Denver show, admitting his sister was having her wedding that day, and they needed someone to take his role. They were accepting video auditions for the next few weeks.

You didn't expect to get the role, first things first you were a woman, secondly, they probably wouldn't believe your claim to be able and willing to fly back and forth from Colorado to New York as needed. But, they had seen your tape, and offered you the role, Lin and everyone else insisting they didn't care what your gender was, you had blown them away with the audition. It hadn't taken more than a few minutes for you to accept the offer, and you were quickly immersed in the show.

Aleks and the others stood by your side as you prepared, helping you not only keep your channel running without you burning out, but offering to help you practice. Needless to say, you were indebted to them and had bought them all tickets to the show as soon as you could. You flew to New York a bunch of times to actually practice with the cast, spending hours or at most, two days, there before flying back.

It was hard and frustrating and tiring beyond belief, but you did it, somehow. Truly, you owed it all to your friends and boyfriend, though, Aleks had seemed slightly removed from the experience towards the last few weeks. He seemed almost... bored, around you. He wasn't inconsiderate or annoyed or anything like that, he just came off as well, bored. When James and Dex help you act out scenes or Jordan and Dan help keep your schedule together and going or when Stefani, Spencer, Intern Joe, Aron, and Artist Joe all make it a point to offer to listen to you practice and give advice, and they all have even offered to come with you to New York to keep you company, Aleks slowly became more and more away from it all.