Falling In Love At A Bakery

AronX Reader, T, approx 3300 words, I don't think there's anything to warn for, if I miss anything please let me know and I'll be quick to add it here! (First Person POV)

Reader had owned a bakery and cafe for four years, and has found more success than they ever dreamed of. Shy and timid, they weren't comfortable taking over in the front of house during the mornings, but the constant appearance of a handsome, kind, quiet man with an affinity for dum-dums makes them think they can handle it. If only they could get his name. 

I do not own any piece of Cow Chop and I am simply stating that this is a work of fiction and holds no reality to it beyond being an imagine/reader insert.

Please feel free to send me comments, requests, or suggestions, I hope you all enjoy my first attempt at an Aron story. I hope I captured his persona well. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ever since I was a child, all I had dreamed of was owning a bakery. My father had worked in one throughout most of his high school and college life, and had even considered going to culinary school, but found that he felt safer going into business and finances. My favorite childhood memories are of him teaching me new techniques and recipes, always giving me the chance to come up with my own ideas.

When I got to the point in school where I was being asked what I wanted to do, I always answered in my small timid voice, that I wanted to open a bakery. I got laughter and hushed whispers, who would ever dream of opening a business in this economy? My love of creating sweets earned me horrible nicknames. I had always been a slightly bigger girl, which didn't help. I was a quiet teen, an easy target, but I made my way through school, and eventually I stood proudly at graduation, knowing next to my name in the program was The School Of Artisan Food in London.

My dad thanked me for going after both of our dreams, my mother cried, and my brother made me promise to stay away from dating since he was too far to threaten anyone. I laughed and cried as I shipped myself off to London.

It was some of the best years of my life, and some of the hardest. I missed my family greatly, and it took over a year for me to be able to thicken my skin when I was under fire from mentors. I learned to calm down and fix my mistakes quickly enough that in the end they were impressed with my results. I learned to stop keeping my head down, to assert myself without being insubordinate. To demand respect after having given it for so long.

It was an amazing time, I learned so much about food and pastries and how they make people feel. I even got to spend a year in Paris too. I made great friends, and made connections with people in the industry that would make all the difference in my life.

When I graduated I was offered many positions in London, Paris, even Berlin, but I always said that it was time for me to go home. I declined offers from some of the most famous chefs in the world, all because I had my own dream. A few of my teachers, intent on making sure I succeeded offered me a grant, start up capital for my bakery, and all they wanted in return was my promise to let them send me people they believed in. Just like they believed in me.

Goddess Patisserie and Cafe had been open for four years, and business had never been slow, especially when I added the Cafe aspect. More often than not I was selling multiple pastries with only one cup of coffee. It turned into a special once a month, a free pastry with every cup of coffee. I had more business than I could handle and even had to branch the building out when the store next to mine was up for rent. I had six full-time employees on a constant payroll who were as passionate as I was, they were an extension of my family.