I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Part 2/2)

BrettXReader, T, 5600 words approx, same warnings as last chapter (lmk if I missed anything btw)

They were seemingly inevitable, Reader and Brett. They've tiptoed around each other since the Colorado days but Brett never took Reader up on anything. Somewhere caught between being together and not they've been okay despite the uncertainty. And Brett's ever present jealousy issues. Sometimes commitment isn't about being together, but being willing to wait for your partner to be ready, and fuck it all if Reader isn't willing to wait. Thankfully a weekend trip might finally speed it all up. And some somewhat unwanted help. 

Thanks for getting through this with me, hope you all enjoy <3

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" I asked Joe, watching as he struggled to keep a hold on Jessie's leash. When I had mentioned needing someone to watch over Jessie while I was at Splash House Joe had all but threatened to renounce me as a friend if I didn't let him watch her.

Trevor came over and grabbed the leash, easily maintaining a solid grip as she tried to explore their house. "I'll make sure your dog doesn't kill Joe." He promised me and I snorted a laugh. "She'll have a great time with us, Asher's coming over and we're all going to bring her to the park or something."

A soft smile came onto my face, "Thank you guys again, for doing this." Jakob came bounding down the stairs and practically threw himself onto Jessie who barked happily at the extra attention. He only greeted me once he finished cooing at her. Joe pouted, "Get some arm muscles my dude." I said as I shrugged. "I should get going, Aleks is running late so I'm picking Brett up first." When all three guys shared worried looks I rolled my eyes, "Guys, seriously? We're fine, you've seen us for the last few days being totally normal."

Joe looked at me, worry coating his features, "You came over for movies after going for a run and told us everything that happened."

"You even cried!" Jakob exclaimed and I blanched.

"I remember promising not to talk about the fact that I cried." I muttered, embarrassed as I pulled my hat off and fidgeted with it. I was wearing one of Suptic's Boy's Only Club hats knowing it would make them all laugh to see me in it. I paired it with a white and light blue loose tank top and navy blue denim shorts and a sheer red and black flannel tied around my waist. "I cried because I was overwhelmed, but everything has felt normal the last two days, so I think it's fine."

Joe was still frowning, "So you two are just going to start tiptoeing around again?" He asked and I shrugged, "Y/N..."

I played with the hat more, "He wants time, and it's not like I can force him to want something he doesn't. If he wants something more, than fine I'll give it a shot. If only to get you losers to leave me alone." They knew I didn't mean it, if judging by the way all three of them immediately stuck their tongues out at me, "It's on him now though." I shrugged.

Joe went to continue the discussion, but Trevor interrupted, "Come on, let her leave already. I swear to god Y/N you better actually have fun and not work." He eyed me, "Did you pack your laptop?"

I rolled my eyes, "I did but I don't go anywhere without it. Trust me, after how much money I've been told to bring for drinks and stuff I better not be working." I squatted down and rustled Jessie's fur a little bit, "Alright sweetie, I've got to go. You be good for these guys." She licked my hand and I couldn't help but smile sadly at the thought of leaving her for the weekend. "Alright, promise you'll call if anything happens to her? And make sure to feed her, and don't give her too many treats. If you don't bring her to the park you've got to get her energy out in a walk or something and-"