Neverland Is With You

James/UberHaxorNovaXReader, T, approx. 4800 words, references to social anxiety and anxiety in general. 

College AU! Reader is an extremely shy, anxious girl who meets James, an energetic, open, and excitable guy who attends the same university as her. He takes her in, and opens her to a new life where she not only has friends, but quickly falls in love. It may just take a holiday performance to get her to open up to him fully. 

I don't own Cow Chop or anyone and anything related to them, and I'm simply stating that this is purely a work of fiction!

I'll be honest, I don't know how I feel about this one, but I didn't want to scrap it. I hope you all enjoy this despite the fact that I'm not fully happy with it (I'm probably just being too critical of myself or holding myself to the "one a week" thing too tightly, I've had finals, It's been a long week, so I'm sorry for my rambling.) Feel free to send me suggestions and ideas, I'd love to do them!

The song used is Lost Boy by Ruth B, which I've been obsessed with, so I really think you should listen to it, it's really beautiful!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made my way through the lunch room, my head ducked low, searching for an empty table, but every table was filled with people, and there were only a handful of tables that only had one or two people. I bit my lip nervously as I scanned the tables, looking for one with only one person that seemed approachable. My hands clenched the tray with my lunch on it. "You just had to promise Jackie that you'd actually eat lunch in the dining hall for once." I thought to myself, remembering the reason I had stayed in the hall instead of hiding in one of the practice rooms like usual.

Jackie was my roommate, and fairly worried about me since I never seemed to hang out with anyone but her and the very rare classmate for projects. She had gotten me to agree to eat lunch in the dining hall in return for first use of our joint bathroom for a month. It was sweet of her to give up hot running water just so I'd try and move past my social anxiety, and I loved her for it.

She would have eaten with me, but she had lacrosse practice during my time between class and practice. Jackie insisted that she'd know if I was there or not, and knowing her she had told someone to let her know if they saw me. Sighing in slight relief, I began walking towards a table with one guy that had his head ducked down, a beanie covering dark curls.

He had his face in his phone, absentmindedly eating his food in the meantime. "Um, excuse me?" I all but whispered. He didn't seem to notice me. "Excuse me?" I asked, my voice louder now. The guy looked up, as if he wasn't sure someone was talking to him, and he looked at me, glancing me up and down before sitting straighter.

"What's up?" He asked, placing his phone down.

"T-there aren't any other empty s-seats, and I was just, um, I was just wondering if I c-could sit here?" My voice slowly got softer and softer as I stuttered out the question. His eyes softened when he saw how scared I must have looked and he shrugged.

He motioned towards the empty chairs, "Go for it."

I mumbled a thank you, and sank into the chair furthest from him. I didn't want to bother him any more. I took out a book of music sheets, and opened to the piece I was working on, hoping I could get out of there as quickly as possible, I was probably already infringing on his free time. I took a sip of my water, my hands shaking slightly.

"What's your name?"

My head shot towards him, almost alarmed at his question, before I shrunk into myself. "Y/N, my name is Y/N."