The Stars Will Burn For You (Part 1/2)

JamesXReader, T, 7300 words, references to injuries, blood, animal abuse (not graphic), lying about identity (Part 2 is posted!)

AU! Where everyone has superpowers. Some people are trained to become heroes, in this case, the Reader is one of the few that made it all the way. Some of the other CC people are mentioned to have gone through parts of training and either quit or were asked to leave for various reasons. Descriptions of everyone's powers are at the end! 

Reader is Los Angeles's resident hero, has been ever since she moved with Cow Chop from Colorado. It's not suspicious that her alter-ego, Fantasia moved at the same time, no, not at all. Fantasia goes to James when she's hurt, it's become a running theme, but James doesn't want to know who she really is for a lot of reasons. Whether what he tells her is the truth or not is another story. In return, James doesn't cross a line the Reader put down. Problem is, the Reader loves James. James loves Fantasia, and maybe loves the Reader? 

Sorry for the terrible description, I'm doing my best on like 0 sleep 

Please enjoy! Let me know what you thought and send me some requests!

---------------------------------------------------

"Thank you for catching this one, Fantasia, he's been evading us for weeks."

I put two fingers to my forehead in a salute, my other hand clutching my side, "You and me both officer, send my best to the chief. You send me updates about Ink, okay?" I asked, smiling behind my mask. The arresting officers agreed, "I'll be off then, until next time!" I winked and dug my heels into the ground before jumping.

My body left the ground and soared high over the tops of most of the buildings in downtown Los Angeles. I kept a hand on my side as I landed on one of the rooftops. There was no one on there, so I pulled my hood back, and collapsed to my knees. I pressed both my hands to my side, feeling tears finally prick in my eyes. I tried to take deep breaths, but the attempt only exacerbated the pain in my side.

After some time, I had no idea how long I had been on that rooftop, I finally stood back up. I pulled my hood back up, and concentrated. "He isn't far, you can make it." I murmured, and began running across the roof. I jumped from roof to roof, feeling the pain getting steadily worse. I made a few turns, making my way to the edge of the city as fast as possible.

I jumped next to a park where some kids were practicing elemental magic, and one of them pointed me out, "It's Fantasia! Look!" I waved to them, and kept going. Thankfully I was out of their sight quickly. As much as I wanted, I didn't have the time or energy to greet them properly. They didn't need to see the state I was in up close either.

My feet finally landed on a fire escape, and without thinking I swapped powers, using one to let me land without any noise. I pulled on the window, and was thankful when I was able to push it open with relative ease. I leaned in, the effort it took to swap powers hitting me hard. I shouldn't have done that, I probably already looked half dead and now I was out of breath too.

"Shit, you look bad." A voice muttered, and footsteps came up to the window, "Nothing was on the news, I didn't think I'd see you tonight." His voice was deep and soft.

I forced a smile despite crumpling to my knees the second I was in the house. "Are you trying to tell me that I didn't make the 11 o'clock news?" I looked up and was met with worried eyes. "Oh come on Jamie, at least I'm not teasing you about watching the news for me." I was hoping he'd blush or look flustered, but his look turned even more serious. He kneeled in front of me, and offered me his hand.

After a few seconds, I finally took it. There was no avoiding him finding out what had happened, "You were stabbed?!" He shouted, and I winced, "What the fuck, Fantasia? You got fucking stabbed and you came all the way here? Why didn't the police do anything?"