Of Fridays, Friends, and Flowers

JoeXReader, T, approx 4000 words, I don't think there's any warnings, if I missed something please let me know and I'll be sure to add it! 

Thanks to her best friend, Reader is finally leaving the house after a particularly nasty breakup. Shy and nervous, she quickly is thrown into the group her friends cousin is apart of. Unfortunately, just as she's getting comfortable, especially with one small and long haired ball of sunshine, things take a little turn. 

I do not own any piece of Cow Chop and I am simply stating that this is a work of fiction and holds no reality to it beyond being an imagine/reader insert.

Please feel free to send me requests or suggestions for future stories! I hope you all enjoy this!

--------------------------------------------------------------

I adjusted the top of the "almost too fancy but just right" dress that my roommate Lisa had thrown at me only an hour prior. "Y/N, you haven't left the house in two weeks! I'm not going to let you wallow in misery anymore. Just come with me tonight!" She hadn't waited for me to argue, so I had been forced to follow her into the hallway.

"Lisa, I went and got groceries this morning." I all but whined to her, "I filled my quota for the week." I leaned my back against the doorway to her bedroom. Lisa turned to me, her hands on her hips and a look that was mixed up of pity and caring. I felt myself falter at her look, I knew she was only trying to help me. It was just hard, I was dealing with a lot and it was easier to hole myself up in my room and paint instead of actually living.

She crossed the room to me when she saw the way my face had changed. Lisa took my hands in hers, "I'm sorry, but as your best friend I have to push you more than you want me too. You got cheated on, but William was an asshole that didn't deserve you in the first place. You got passed up for the project you've been busting your ass for, but you're going to do something bigger and better. Staying in your room and ignoring everyone and everything around you isn't going to make it any better though."

I could feel tears in my eyes, "He was a jerk, wasn't he?" Lisa smirked.

"Y/N, he constantly was borrowing money that he'd never pay back, he never treated you with love, and he cheated on you. You don't find guys worse than him easily. You deserve someone that will make you feel amazing, and that will support you in every way." I stepped into her waiting arms. "Now, come out with me, Aleks, and his friends tonight. You'll like them, I promise. They're your type of people."

Aleks was Lisa's cousin, and they had always been close. He was a cool guy, had even asked me to consider drawing something for him to get tattooed. "I don't know Lisa. I'm in such a shit mood lately, I don't want them to think I'm some cynical asshole."

"They won't, they'll love you. If they don't I'll kick their asses because you're fucking awesome." I laughed as she pulled back. "So you'll come? We're just doing dinner and drinks at Applebee's, it's a really easy going thing."

It took me a moment, but I finally nodded, "Okay, I'll go. But only because you're even more awesome than me, but only barely." She stuck her tongue out at my teasing. "I'll go get ready." I stopped at her doorway, right where I had started. "Hey, Lisa?" She looked at me, a soft smile on her face, "Thank you." Lisa laughed and waved me off, saying that it was her pleasure. I smiled to myself and began to get ready.

And now I was standing in front of my mirror, dressed in the outfit I had bought for what was supposed to be my year anniversary with William. I had done my hair and makeup and was finally stepping into the pair of black converse, which went perfectly with my black and gray camouflage jacket. Lisa whistled jokingly from my door. "Well, well, well, look what we have here! You're going to be the Cinderella of Applebee's." She said as I laughed. "Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't someone say they were going to burn that outfit only two weeks ago?"