Of Christmases and Proposals

Kootra/JordanXReader, T, Approx 4500 words, Christmas even though it's April, first person POV

It's Christmas time for The Creatures, and it's of course time for their annual Secret Santa tradition. Reader is excited to finally partake in a Secret Santa with her best friends/co workers and long term boyfriend/boss, after having to miss the year before. She doesn't know who has her, but it's going to be a great time regardless. Little does she know, there's a big surprise waiting for her. 

If it isn't obvious to everyone, I really like proposal stories :)

I do not own any piece of The Creatures and I am simply stating that this is a work of fiction and holds no reality to it beyond being an imagine/reader insert. 

I hope you all enjoy this, if you have any requests for pairings and/or prompts that you'd like to see written, I'd love to do them :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My hands glided easily across the keys of the upright piano I had bribed some of my best friends and co-workers to help bring up the steps of the house I was sharing with two of them, Aleks and James. There was a small smile on my face as the playing filled the house with upbeat Christmas music. It was fairly early in the morning, but the the other two were wide awake, just as I was.

As per usual, I was the first one to be ready, so I was waiting on them both to be prepared to leave for the office. It was the day we were planning on doing Secret Santa, and if we didn't leave soon, we'd be late. I had on a Christmas sweater, adorned head to toe in red and green with a dash of black in there as well. "Hey, Y/N, what the fuck is taking Aleks so long?" James called from my door, leaning against the frame

"He said he had some big outfit planned," I started, looking away from the keys but not stopping to look at James, seeing him in a sweater and jeans, "Knowing him he's figuring out how to put his pants on right."

"I heard that you fucker!" Aleks screamed from his room, and I was forced to stop playing as my body was wracked with laughter.

Continuing to chuckle, I stood up, placing the cover on the piano, and grabbing my messenger bag from the edge of my bed. "My presents are in my car, did you put yours in too?" James nodded. "Okay, come on," I raised my voice, "We'll wait for Aleks to hurry the fuck up!" Aleks simply screeched from behind his closed door, and James and I bounded down the stairs.

"So who'd you get?" James asked teasingly as he nudged me with his elbow.

I rolled my eyes, insisting he would find out. The truth was, I would have told him if it weren't for the fact that I had gotten Aleks and I didn't want him overhearing. I was excited to have my first Secret Santa, it was also almost two years after I became a creature. I hadn't been able to be apart of the last one due to a family emergency, but I was ready to make up for it.

It was also coming up to my three year anniversary with Jordan, who I hadn't gotten a chance to speak to yet that day. Jordan and I had gone to school together, we were actually very close during our childhood. He and I competed for the same archery team. When we were both 18 we ended up falling out of touch unfortunately. Between him dropping out and my going away for college, something he and I had trouble talking about until it was too late, we just had too much distance in between us.

He was actually the reason I took up YouTube, making music and eventually making video game songs which led to requests for me to make videos of me playing games. I built a career out of it, and I enjoyed it beyond belief. I attended a college in Pennsylvania, where I had met James. He quickly became a brother to me, and it was through him that I reconnected to Jordan.