Home Is Where People Love You Part 2/3

BrettXReader, 7600 words (this is the longest thing I've ever posted for the longest story I've posted!), T, references to pregnancy, break-ups, fear of the future

The Reader and Brett get a lot closer, and their relationship begins strong. They quickly realize that their differences could be what makes them a great pair, especially when Brett makes it a mission to help the reader find her future. Things are great until a ghost from Brett's past threatens everything they've worked to build. 

I hope you all enjoy this part, please let me know what you thought! <3

------------------------------------------------

All of Friday passed along with most of Saturday and I spent as much time as I could with Noah. I was fidgety as one of my neighbors, a high school boy who lived with his father one floor up, was coming over to watch Noah. "Are you sure you're okay with this Noah?" I asked him once again.

Noah rolled his eyes, "It's fine mom, you and Trevor should have fun too!" I smiled from my spot on the couch, watching as Noah traversed one of the older Legend of Zelda games, "Besides, Wyatt is super cool." I raised an eyebrow,

"Are you saying I'm not cool?" I asked teasingly and Noah grinned at me.

"You know I think you're the coolest, but you're also my mother." He spoke as if that was supposed to make sense. I sighed and let it go, knowing that when I was his age I probably had the same mentality. "You deserve a night out." Noah said quietly as he paused the game, "I know it's not like, my fault, but it can't be easy, doing all this every day. College is supposed to be like, really hard, right? Plus you work a lot, and I know it's music and you love music, but it's still work." He looked down, "And then there's me."

I sat up, and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Yeah there's you, and you're the reason I do all that." I moved so that I was sitting next to him, "But listen Noah, you're the reason, but you're not a bad reason." He gave me an unsure look, "You're not a good reason either." His lip quivered so I continued, "You're the best reason. Noah I love you more than anything else, I'd give up everything for you, and not because of any reason other than that I love you and as long as I've got you around I'm happy."

Noah hugged me tightly, "I love you, mom."

"I love you too Noah." I kissed the top of his head just as a knock came from the door, "You sure you'll be okay tonight?" He agreed, giving me a wide genuine smile. I smiled back and got up as there was another knock at the door, "I'm coming!" I opened the door and smiled at Wyatt, "Hey, thanks again, Noah can't wait to hang out with you!"

Wyatt grinned as I let him in, "He better be ready to lose at Smash!" Noah yelled some back indignantly, and I chuckled, "Thanks for asking me, I really appreciate it."

"Hey I like to do what I can, I've practically lived off of doing favors. I'll be back with Trevor around midnight, is that still okay?" Wyatt waved me off, telling me he already cleared it with his father. "Alright, there's money on the counter if you want to order in dinner, just do me a favor, try and get him to eat a little extra, the doctor said he could stand to gain some weight."

After a quick goodbye I was on my way to Brett's house. It turned out that he didn't live that far from me, so I didn't have to worry about walking. It didn't take long before I was walking up the stone walkway that led to a simple townhouse. I went up the two steps and knocked on the door. I wasn't prepared to hear Brett screaming as his audible footsteps stormed up to the door, "I said le-" He cut himself off when he saw me standing there. "Oh, sorry about that, I, uh, thought you were someone else."

I shrugged, "Don't worry about it, is everything okay?"

Brett sighed, "It's kind of a long story." He grabbed his keys and a jacket before joining me outside.