Chapter 44

"So what do you guys think about having a Christmas party here on Christmas Eve with all your friends?" Mom says at the dinner table. "It's last minute but maybe your friends are free."

"That sounds great! But since most people are with their families then, maybe we should have a New Years party instead?" Mahogany suggests.

"Yeah! That's a good idea. Let's do that instead. What time should we have everyone over?" Mom asks.

"Maybe eight since they'll be here until midnight?" I say.

"Sounds good. Mahogany, your friends can drive here and home, right?" Mahogany nods her head. "And Mollie, maybe your friends' parents can drop them off here and I can drop them off at home?" Mom asks.

"Sure I'll ask them."

"Okay then it's settled, they don't need to bring anything by the way." Mom says and we finish our dinner.

I go upstairs and grab my phone, texting the group chat all the information. They all answered and said they can go. I'm so excited! I'm not inviting Riley obviously, so it's just gonna be me, Steph, Jenna, Brendon, Jake and Lance. I decided to text Hayes and see how he's doing. He's been sort of distant lately. It worries me. Long distance is getting difficult. We haven't seen each other since the last Magcon. My phone buzzed, snapping me back into reality.

Me- hey hayes
Hayes- hi
Me- how are you?
Hayes- fine. You?
Me- fine. I miss you
Hayes- same

I didn't respond after that. If someone says 'I miss you', you would probably say it back if you missed them too, not 'same'. This is how our conversations normally go now. We haven't facetimed in a long time either. Maybe I should text Nash? It won't hurt I guess.

Me- hey Nashhh
Nash- hiiiii Mollie!! I haven't talked to you in ages
Me- Ikr!!
Nash- so what's up?
Me- the sky
Nash- that's not what I meant -_-
Me- hahah I know but I was wondering how everyone's doing over there
Nash- we're good. Skylynn asks about you a lot
Me- aww I miss you guys, tell her I say hi
Nash- okay and we miss you too
Nash- she says HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Me- haha she's adorable. So how's Hayes?
*little bubble appears, disappears, then appears again*
Nash- he's good, why?
Me- just wondering, he seems different lately
Nash- I'm sure it's nothing, I gtg
Me- okay, bye

That seems weird. He has to go as soon as I bring up Hayes. Somethings up with them. I'll just forget them for now and focus on Christmas and New Years.

*Skips to New Year's Eve*

Everything is set up and everyone is arriving. I'm excited to hang out with my friends and to meet Mahogany's friends, especially Carlos. She has been nonstop talking about him today (picture above of all the friends).

Christmas was a few days ago and it was great. We got a new puppy! His name is Tedward, or Teddy for short. He's the cutest. By 8:30 everyone was here and we were all meeting each other. Everyone seems to be getting along too. We just sat around eating and talking, watching tv and waiting for the ball to drop. We also had on hats and noise makers too.

A few hours later we were playing truth or dare because we were bored. We just had a random selector with all our names in it on my iPad. It picked Steph.

"Steph's going first." I say.

"Truth or dare?" Karina asks Steph.

"Uhh.. Truth." Steph says, getting nervous.

"Do you have a crush on anyone?" Karina asks and Steph's cheeks heat up.

"Yes." She looks down at the floor and starts playing with her shoe laces. I didn't think Steph would be the one to get nervous and shy.

"Oooh I'll need the details later." Karina says, Steph gives her a small smile. "Now you ask someone."

"Umm.. Jake truth or dare."

"Dare." He says bravely.

"I dare you to eat a spoon full of onion dip." Steph smirks.

"But I hate onion dip!" Jake makes a disgusted face.

"Exactly." Steph says, already getting it ready.

"I hate you." He rolls his eyes, getting up.

"Love you too!" She says, coming back with the onion dip. "Here ya go."

Jake holds his nose before eating it. He starts coughing, but swallows it and runs to get water.

"That shit is nasty." He mutters to himself, settling back down in his spot. He scans the room, with a smirk I might add. "Mahogany." Her face drops. "Truth or dare?"

"Guys the countdown is starting!!" Jenna randomly yells out. We all stop and turn up the tv and turn our attention to it.

"20. 19. 18. 17. 16. 15. 14. 13. 12. 11. 10. 9. 8. 7. 6. 5. 4. 3. 2..."

A/N:

HEY GUYS! Happy New Year!! Ahaha jkjk it's March. What's Mahogany going to be dared or forced to answer? Hmm.

Thanks for 87.4k reads, 2.15k votes, 647 comments!

****I have a mission/contest for you guys! I need you to comment where Mollie should go to college. Just the state is fine but if you want to include a name, that's fine too. I know it's far away but I'm writing a lot right now. The winner gets a shoutout in my book, follow, and I'll read and vote and comment on all of your books!!****

DO THAT^^

ily Hallie shippers,,
xo ~BandsAndYoutuberz