Chapter 24

Mollie's POV:

Me and Hayes walked down to the pool and everyone was already there, all the boys were by the pool, and Mo was laying down on a chair. Hayes immediately jumped in the pool, a cannonball jump. And I sat next to Mo.

"Hey sis," she looked at me from laying down on her chair.

"Hi."

"Are you gonna swim with the boys, or lay on one of these chairs with me?" She laughed, as the boys tackle each other underwater.

"I'll stay here." I said.

"Okay. Are you wearing your suit?"

"Yeah, under this." I say pointing to my sweatshirt.

"And why is that?"

"Cause someone started staring and.. uh.." I started blushing.

"Ohhhh haha." she laughed.

"Yeah.." I laughed. I just laid back on the chair and watched the boys tackle each other underwater.

I laid there and thought about how I can get out of this, I can't swim with my scars clearly visible, so how is this gonna work? I sighed and shut my eyes, listening to the boys scream at each other and the water splashing.

"Are you girlies getting in the pool? Or naw?" One of the boys ask.

"Yeah are you?"

"Hmm?"

"Soon!" Mo yells then laughs.

*some minutes later*

"CHICKEN FIGHT!" someone randomly yells. I peep open one eye and see the boys hopping up on each other's shoulders.

I quickly close my eyes when someone says, "We need one more person."

"I'm good!" I yell.

"Me too!" Mo yells too.

All the sudden I heard whispering and got nervous.. soon I felt the presence of someone beside me. I was picked up and thrown over someone's shoulders while I was screaming. I heard everyone laughing then felt myself splashing into water (still in my sweatshirt and sofee shorts). I resurfaced and saw Hayes there with a big goofy smile.

"Really?" I point out my soaking wet and soggy clothes.

"Yep. Now get on my shoulders."

"Nooo," i said, Hayes went underwater and I was taller then I've been before. I almost fell off but Hayes held my legs and I balanced myself as best as I could. I looked around. Johnson was on Gilinsky's shoulders, Nash on Cam's, Carter on Taylor's, Aaron on Shawn's, Jacob on Matt's and I was on Hayes's. They all looked so funny when they were trying to balance. Also I saw that Mahogany sat behind us just sitting on the edge of the pool.

"You guys look so funny," she laughed.

Everyone started chicken fighting, The Jacks vs. Cash, Aaron & Shawn vs. Jacob & Matt, and us vs. Taylor & Carter.

Hayes charged at Taylor & Carter and I started "chicken fighting" and soon they fell back into the water and me and Hayes laughed. I leaned upside down and kissed Hayes on the nose and everyone "awed". I blushed and yelled "Who's going down next?"

The Jacks beat Cash and Aaron & Shawn beat Jacob & Matt. The jacks vs. Aaron & Shawn while me and Hayes just watched. I saw Jacob got out of the pool and he saw me watching him. He shushed me silently as he walked behind Mo and picked her up and jumped in the pool with her. JOX is so real. I laughed and when they both got out from underwater she splashed him and tried to get away but he just didn't let her go. It was so adorable oh my gosh.

I just chanted "Jox is real! Jox is real!" Over and over again and I saw them blush. "You guys are seriously my favorite OTP. I ship you two so hard."

After me & Hayes beat The Jacks, we all just hung around in the pool. Yes I still have my sweatshirt and shorts on, and nobody said anything. It's pretty uncomfortable but it's better then everyone seeing the scars. I started practicing my underwater handstands. I keep tipping over one way because of the heavy sweatshirt on me. I just stood up and took a breath, since I kept going underwater.

"You know it might be easier without a soaking wet sweatshirt. You'll be much lighter." a voice said from behind me. I jumped and saw it was only Shawn.

"Eh. Whatever."

"Why are you wearing it anyway?"

"I don't know. Cause I can."

"Are you like, cold or something?"

"Nope."

"You don't have a bathing suit?"

"Nope. I got one."

"..Are you self conscious?" He asks more seriously than before.

I'm not that self conscious really about my body, just the scars. "Nope." I say as I was before.

"Then why are you wearing it?" He says.

"I just want to." I say.

"Okay.." he says. "Remember Mollie, I'm here for you, like a brother."

"Thanks." I smile.

-♡-

We stayed in the pool for a long time, before we all got out and stay around for a bit before going back upstairs. I had a towel around me as I walked up to me and Mo's room. Everyone went to their own rooms, to change and all. I asked Mahogany if I could take a shower first and she let me so I grabbed a pair of sweatpants, a shirt, a sweatshirt (that was dry), and a bra & underwear. I went into the bathroom, locked the door, then started the shower before taking off my soaking wet sweatshirt and sofee shorts, and my bathing suit before getting in the shower. I looked at my scars.

How much longer can I hide them?

~

(A/N)
Hi guys! Sorry I don't update as much. but here I am. HOLY IDEK HOW DO I HAVE 30k+ READS!? Guys that's so amazing😭

Read my new book- The Boy Next Door
It's a Matt Espinosa fanfic.

Thanks guys, sorry for the short a/n,
ILY HALLIE CREW!
-mollie (comment feedback & vote coz ily)