EWEW 14: Intimacy Issues

L.W.T.B.B Copyright © 2012-2016 xXMopelXx All Rights Reserved.

Rewritten Chapter Posted - April 1st 2016

If you're reading this story please REMEMBER to take the time to VOTE, COMMENT and FOLLOW me on wattpad! It really helps me out. Happy reading! xo

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

{ Chapter 14 } : Intimacy Issues

"Your mom is cooking dinner tonight."

Sam's gravelly voice carried out into the air, abruptly halting me in my steps, as I started for the staircase.

A little startled, I shot him a look over my shoulder. "What?"

Leaned against his doorjamb with his arms folded over his chest, Sam looked freshly showered, based on the state of his wet mop of hair. His green gems watch me intently, gauging my reaction.

I was momentarily distracted as I drank in his appearance; dressed in low slung jeans and a fitted black Henley, he looked edible with those roped muscles flexing at his sides.

"You didn't hear me?" he mocked in a low voice, tilting his eyebrow.

Now it was my turn to fold my arms over my chest in a mirroring manner. "I did. I just don't understand why you knew that bit of information and I didn't."

Sam's shoulder merely lifted in a casual shrug. "Your mom texted me."

My mom and Sam texted each other. I took a second to allow that to sink in. What the hell.

"Well, I wasn't aware." I hid my annoyance with the saccharine smile curving my lips."That's great to know. Only means that's one less task for me."

I fled down the stairs before any more words could be exchanged between us.

Sam caught up, his hand clamping around my wrist. He always caught up, damn it. "Now slow that fine a$s, Barbie. You and I need to talk."

In a impressive display of strength, Sam tugged on my hand until I whirled around on my feet, our chests almost colliding. A sharp gasp got lodged in my throat, and I swallowed roughly as I glanced up at him.

The warmth of his calloused fingers sparked tingles and stroke a frisson through my body. Mortified at actually feeling something at his touch, I retaliated with the best weapon - my attitude.

"I'm pretty sure I was drunk when I last told you it was okay to call me Barbie. Now I'm sober. Please, stop."

"Tough shit. You're going to have to suck it up."

We suddenly glared at each other for a moment, though I'm sure it was more like a gaze than a glare.

I muttered, "Fine, Beer Boy." Wanting to put some distance between us. Wanting to step away.

Samuel sighed and the motion caused a sudden drop in his broad shoulders, like he was truly worn out and exhausted by our constant antics. "Can we talk for a minute?"

The truth was I'd been avoiding Sam for the last two days after my little episode at the garage. I was embarrassed at my reaction, and even more so because three guys had witnessed my meltdown.

A stupid meltdown that I continued berating myself for.

I had many issues and those issues had no business mingling with Samuel Adams. He may not be what I initially expected, but it didn't change that I was a hot mess who couldn't be solved.