EWEW 22: This Is Inevitable

L.W.T.B.B Copyright © 2012-2016 xXMopelXx All Rights Reserved.

Current Chapter Posted - Saturday, July 30th 2016

Happy reading <3 Please remember to vote and comment your thoughts, queens. xo

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

{ Chapter 22 } : This Is Inevitable

                   By the time I got my shit together and hopped off the counter, it was too late.

I felt the slam of Sam's bedroom door down to my core. I flinched inwardly from the message that gesture sent.

But it didn't discourage me. No. If anything, it only added more fuel to the flames crackling through the hazy smoke. My heart palpitated from Sam's meaningful words and I knew that maybe I had to stop acting like a coward. I'd never had a boy speak to me like he did. It was time to face my attraction towards Samuel Adams.

It was time for my meaningful words. "Sam." I knocked softly on his door. "I'm sorry."

No answer. Utter silence.

And so I began with a brave breath. "I get it. I so get it. I...I don't go around hoping for random guys to come help me when I'm in distress. I...I don't wake up next to random guys either. Never have. Not ever. Not now. I don't try to admire their amazing tattoos when they aren't looking...I don't look forward to seeing random guys...I don't go around smoking with them either. I don't go around wanting their comforting touch when I'm feeling down." My forehead falling forward against his door. "Those are things I only have with you."

There. I said it. The admission left me feeling vulnerable and scared for what could come next, but I'd never take it back. A huge weight was lifted off my chest.

No words or sound again, so I raised my fingers and pressed them on his door. As if he could see, feel, and understand my peace offering. But nothing ever happened.

I held my breath.

The echoing sound of my text message broke me out of my daze and I drew away from Sam's door. Disappointment sunk low inside of me and I felt like I'd ruined something good before it even started.

Hurt and rejected, I turned away to my room and pulled out my cell.

Race tomorrow? I'll send you the details later. I really want you to come, Anna.

-Nicholas

*        *       *

My mind didn't register the drive or what Gabriela was mumbling from the passenger side of my car as we headed to Nicholas's race. I parked one block away from where it was taking place, in order not to create suspicions and make it easier to escape if it boiled down to the cops breaking it apart.

Pretending that I didn't know where we were headed as Gabby dished out directions to me was no use - I knew the map to this place like the back of my hand.

I'd been to this track a million times - much to my chagrin - enough to make it feel like a trip down memory lane. But it wasn't a tidbit I shared with my best friends. That dirty secret you'd take down to the grave, that's what this was. My heart beats mirrored every pounding step of my thigh-high heeled boots against the pavement.