EWEW 23: It Fvcking Means Something, Baby

L.W.T.B.B Copyright © 2012-2016 xXMopelXx All Rights Reserved.

Current Chapter Posted - Saturday, December 17, 2016

Sam and Anna are making AMAZING progress this chapter and I swear you'll love me for it by the end of it ;) 

Happy reading babes <3  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  

{ Chapter 23 } : It Fvcking Means Something, Baby  

    It is said that when you're dying, your life flashes before your eyes.

I'd always chalked it down to a figment of our imagination - a simple hoax meant to evoke guilt within ourselves so we'd be conscious of our actions and words throughout our lifetime. This way our last few moments wouldn't replay the bad and regretful things we'd accumulated through our life. Nobody wanted to leave this world remembering all the terrible crap they'd done. Your final inhale should breathe life and color.

In no way was I dying.

But as I stood shell-shocked in front of Joey Donald, I glimpsed a moment so surreal - so unreal - that I felt rooted to my spot with its ground-breaking realization. My mind was a tightly woven web, glittering with thousands of snapshots, showcasing every moment I'd lived with this guy. Shame and powerlessness rocketed through me and blanketed my very existence. I was speechless as my mind flittered through all the bad shit I'd done with him. Because I didn't have any good memories with him. Only. Bad. Shit.

Drinking. Partying. Giving my love to him. Drugs. Street-racing. Giving pleasure to him. Late night conversations. Family sacrifices. Giving myself to him.

I hadn't seen him in over a year, but I'd never forget those soulless baby blue depths and that slicked back wavy mane.

Back then I thought those oceanic eyes had pulsed with aliveness. But eyes are the windows to your soul and his soul was dead.

He took a step my way.

I dug my back into the brick wall behind me, feeling the uneven harshness scratch my skin. It didn't matter though. I harbored plenty of scars on the inside to match my exterior ones.

Joey's eyes narrowed to slits and dark amusement bled into his gaze. There was nothing sweet about it. It was monstrous.

A barrier of light rain and dark surroundings stood between us. It was what I so desperately needed to keep my guard up so he wouldn't see the scared and defenseless girl lying beneath the chipped armor.

"Been too long since the last time, Party Girl."

His voice used to give me shivers. That nickname used to warm me on the inside. Now I shuddered. My body was still reeling from the shock of seeing him here. So alive. So sinister. Still breathing. No words could escape my parted mouth.

He'd gotten taller and his shoulders had filled in a little bit more, but he was still cut lean. His face was more angular and masculine. The short beard he'd always sported to mask his baby face had been traded off for a clean-shaven look. His Phoenician nose looked crooked, like it had been broken once in the last few months.

Oh, God. I wanted to break it again.

"What do you want, Donald?" My voice was bleak of any emotions until it cracked at the last word. The family name tasted pure disdain on my tongue.