EWEW 5 : A Ride To Remember

L.W.T.B.B Copyright © 2012-2015 xXMopelXx All Rights Reserved. 

Rewritten version of this chapter posted - July 1st 2015

Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canadians! Hope that you ladies are having a good time reading this story (: Please remember to VOTE (press the star button) and leave me your thoughts! Happy Reading! xo

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

                                                     { Chapter 5 } : A Ride To Remember

I drove around aimlessly for an hour.

With no goal or destination, only one thought coursed through my mind, avoid Layla and Gabriela for the entire night. My phone was continuously blinking with texts from Gabby, and missed calls from Layla. I couldn't hear anything, though. The ringer was muted.

I decided to take the longer route back home, passing through Northwind's property and Danny's Grill. When the silence became deafening, I played with the radio dials until soft rock blared through my car, blocking out my thoughts. 

Right when I turned onto the long road, highlighted by tall trees and a small trail leading to a nature park, I saw something unusual.

A figure swaggered – no, limped – down the pathway. I thought nothing of it, fully intent on driving past it, until the silhouette turned to cross the street. It was a guy, and he was blinded by my headlights, raising a defensive hand to shield his eyes. He stopped dead in his tracks.

I slammed on the breaks before I could hit him.

My heart lurched in fear and jack-hammered against my ribcage. I cut the engine and stumbled out of my car, gasping. "Oh, my God!" Holy shit, I nearly killed someone

Quickly rounding the curve, I was baffled when I came face-to-face with the almost-victim or my nearly-fatal car accident. Pissed off replaced my initial dumbstruck expression.

Samuel swayed a little on his feet for a moment, before rising to his full staggering height. Our eyes connected and his lips parted in something close to wonderment. "Barbie girl," he breathed.

"Beer boy," I groaned, and stifled a wince at how wrong and out-of-place our reactions to each other sounded.

Of all the people in this entire universe, why, oh-why, did it have to be him? 

"If this is hell... then I'm content staying in it," he mumbled something incoherent under his breath and I barely caught the words.

I dragged my gaze over him, making sure he wasn't injured, taking in his lean cut, broad shoulders and imposing frame. Thank, God. It doesn't look like I gave him a concussion. My eyes stopped roaming when I noticed the black eye he sported. There was a small cut above the arch of his brow and his knuckles were rasped. The sight made me uncomfortable. Surely, I didn't do that?

"You have a death wish or something?" I asked, my voice shaky, failing to sound annoyed. "I almost killed you."

"You want to see the inside of a jail?" he replied, raising his eyebrows in mock-disbelief. "You almost killed me."

I tossed my head back, counting to ten and taking deep, calming breaths. He was staring at me intently when I looked back. 

"Are you okay?" he asked, gruffly.