EWEW 17: The Frozen Tendrils Around My Heart

L.W.T.B.B Copyright © 2012-2016 xXMopelXx All Rights Reserved.  

Current Chapter Posted - April 22nd 2016

I'm so excited because this is the first time in two years that I've posted something PAST chapter sixteen. Most of you know this story was previously stuck on chapter sixteen for two years before I took it down for the rewrite. I just wasn't able to get past it, but it's a damn good thing I practically rewrote this entire craft! In any case, I hope you enjoy this installment as Beer Boy truly makes it his point to always save his Barbie Girl! 

Please remember to vote <3 Happy reading! xo

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

{ Chapter 17 } : The Frozen Tendrils Around My Heart 

          "Im joking," Gabriela delivered, cracking a smirk at my startled expression. "Just fvcking with you guys."

Sam's stiff shoulders deflated in relief beside me. He did something then that rendered me a little speechless. Draping his left arm around the back of our booth...his warm fingers slipped down until they brushed my left shoulder casually. When he began playing absentmindedly with my wavy strands, my breath hitched and everyone's eyes caught the gesture with open curiosity. Specifically Gabriela, who's narrowed eyes followed the movement with suspicion.

She took a swig of her beer and gave me a questioning eyebrow.

I ignored her and his touch, and fiddled with my cell phone cover. Because, really, what the hell was I going to say?

"So..." Layla drawled.

Danny's Grill was high with energy, but our booth was so quiet that if someone dropped a pin right now, the sound would resonate. You could practically feel the tension like a thick cloud of smoke in the air.

"Why are we all here?" Gabriela spoke up, directing her gaze only at us four. Not hunter. Just us.

"To play pool," we all answered in unison.

"Right. Then why are we all still sitting here?"

Sam cleared his throat and dropped his hand. My shoulder felt cold. "Because every table is occupied...We're just waiting."

More like stalling, I thought, as I popped open my Pepsi.

Gabby harrumphed and began texting away on her phone. She wasn't trying to be rude. I knew her. This was just her defense mechanism to cope with her issues. Avoid them until they drifted away. She was in the midst of building walls and strong barriers to block out her problems.

Hunter Warren was the biggest problem of them all unfortunately. One she couldn't quite shake off because of us.

Hunter remained fixed on his phone as well, a stoic look etched upon his features. His thumb scrolled through his phone, but his eyes weren't reading or seeing what content lay before them. He was too aware of the red haired beauty lodged next to him.

"So..." Sam tried again.

Not a damn word from any one of us.

In my lap, my phone buzzed with a text message. Layla's name lit my Samsung.