EWEW 24: The Secret To Beer Boy's Scars

L.W.T.B.B Copyright © 2012-2016 xXMopelXx All Rights Reserved.

Current Chapter Posted - Saturday, December 31, 2016

Thank you thank you thank you to ALL the ladies who VOTED last chapter and let me know that y'all are still here <3 The real MVPs, I tell you! Your support, even after four years, means the world to me. x

Happy Reading! xo

 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

{ Chapter 24 } : The secret to Beer Boy's scars 

   Moving forward was a big motion that required a lot of strength and courage – two qualities I'd grown into exponentially in the last days.

It had been three days since Nicholas's race. Meaning two nights since I'd been sleeping in Sam's bed. Just sleeping, like he promised.

We'd fallen into a routine, he and I. In the evenings, after our classes, we'd come home together (sometimes on his bike but mostly in my car) and no one questioned it. Layla and Gabby seemed to have caught on and his friends never breathed a word either. Mom had also been home in the last two days, in time for dinner, so we'd all have food together to conclude our nights. It was nice and new. Sam seemed to genuinely enjoy Michael's company and he even helped him out with his homework, which gave me enough leeway in my schedule to get my school work done.

Mom really liked Samuel – even considered him like the older son she could have had. She claimed that he helped around the house a lot, now that his stay at our house was getting extended. I certainly wasn't complaining. He helped with groceries (even though my mom insisted on paying, he never took the money), vacuumed the house and loaded the dishwasher with dirty dishes at the end of our meals.

Sam was embedding himself in our lives.

And I didn't seem to mind it one bit.

What truly had my heart melting, however, was yesterday evening, when I came down the stairs to fetch my little brother, only to be greeted by a sight for sore eyes. It was bath time for Michael, yet he was fast asleep, curved into Sam's side. His small body was molded to his perfectly sculpted protector one.

The TV was simply background noise. Sam casually had an arm slung around Michael, pressing him impossibly closer to him.

I was liquid matter upon seeing that. Ovaries. Exploded.

Sensing my presence, Sam raised his head and his eyes connected with mine. A deep tidal wave simmered, flowing freely between us, pulsing with electrifying energy. Waiting to rise. And then he smiled at me with the devilish bad boy grin I loved so much that...Forget ovaries exploding... My heart crushed with the weight of every shocking realization balancing upon it.

That same night, Sam held me close. I snuck into his room once mom went to bed. His arm draped over my waist. But I couldn't sleep.

His scent and close proximity messed with my head. Sam knew it. If the knowing glint in his eyes was any indication, then he damn well knew he affected me like no other guy.

We played twenty-one questions that night. Only to stop at eight.

"What's your favorite color?" he husked an easy one against my shoulder.

Goosebumps rose on my bare skin and I barely suppressed a shiver. "Pink." And white. Sometimes gold.

Sam hid his smile inside the crook of my neck, but I felt it on my skin, weaving a small, tiny, pattern that stayed deeply etched. When he chuckled, his body quivered and sent tiny little shockwaves through me where his lips laid latched on my neck. "Of course, Barbie. How ironic. The name is so fitting for you."