Chapter 2

Uploaded on 05-03-2016

Chapter 2

Hanna gulped looking at the picture she knew this day would come when she has to introduce her little girls to her family, but right now wasn't the time.

"That is Daniel who I am dating and his family." I said, I wasn't telling an outright lie. That was Daniel and we are a family. "What are you guys doing here? You normally call before flying out all this way to see me."

Max grunted looking me in the eye, for some reason I could tell that he knew that I was lying. I looked away from his intense stare looking at Natasha feeling that some how that I just failed a test that the twins has set for me.

I have been living in England now for almost five years. Five years and now they want to intrude on the lovely happy life that I have built for myself and my young daughters.

"We decided to come and visit. You haven't been over to the States for years." Natasha, my sister commented. She picked up her two year old daughter lifting up her top to latch her onto the breast.

"You still breast feeding?" I asked. I wanted to say that I breast fed the twins till they were one year old but the sentence got stuck in my throat. This was the reason why I never visited my family. It would have been too easy for me slip up in the multitude of lies that I told them.

Natasha nodded. "I like it."

"And I like watching it." Max said kissing the top of Natasha head.

"Perve." Natasha swatted him away. "So stop changing the subject. We came here to take you home. You're not needed at this office any more."

My heart started to beat erractic, at the mention of them taking me home. I gave a nervous laugh sitting down on the sofa next to Natasha. "I am an adult I doubt you can make me do anything."

Tasha shared a look with her husbands then looked at me gravely. "You are needed at home Hanna."

"Why?" I asked. "That is not home for me any more I have been more happier here in this country that I have been at home."

"Dad is dying." Tasha said the words so simply like it was an everday occurance.

My breath hitched in my throat, I cocked My head to the side looking as if I mis heard what Natasha has said to me. "What did you say?"

I began to beg inside my head that she did not say what I think she said. He can't be.

"Dad is dying." She said again her hand coming to rest on my back.

"No." I shook my head standing up not believing a word she said. I looked to her husbands who remained quiet by her side observing my body language. "I just spoke to him last week. He is alright."

Tasha shook her head, removed her breast from my neice mouth to give her over to Marcus. "He has been diagnosed with Cancer."

"Isn't there therapy for that?" I walked to the large glass window of my office that looked out of the busy streets of London. "What do they call it? Chemo?"

Natasha stood up smoothing down her top. "He is receiving it at this moment. I wanted you to go back on your own. He didn't want me to say anything." She moved to stand behind me her head resting on my shoulder. "You need to come home."

A tear fell from my eye as the words that she were saying began to sink in. I need to go home. Back to the states. Back to them.

I left work early thankful the Max and Marcus were able to complete my working day and put things in to my second in command. Looks like Richard will be getting the promotion that he wanted from the first day that I met him all those years ago.