Chapter 21

Uploaded on 18/05/16

Natasha got up to walk my way. I could barely make out her face through the haze of tears flowing out my eyes.

"Mum..." I croaked.

Tasha enveloped me in a hug. "I know." She turned behind her waving at dad. "Dad come over here. We all need each other."

"I can't believe she is dead." I said monotone. "She can't be."

Natasha kissed me on the head. "I am going to see her body with dad." She looked down at me her hands coming to caress each of the girls cheeks. "You should stay here. You had a shock with the miscarriage."

I shook my head. "No." I swallowed nudging for the girls to go on the floor. Justin gathered them into his arms. "I need to see her as much as you do."

She nodded I watched as she walked over to her sons who were crying in Max arms. She kneeled down to hug them as well.

My eyes began to stung again with fresh tears. I looked down and away from the scene.

Dad took a step away from me with his walking stick. Walking towards the door as if he were in a daze.

Paul who is Justin and Jackson father went after him.

"What is going on with Marcus?" I asked Jackson.

"They done all they can for him at the moment. He is in the ITU. The doctor says he is in a coma at the moment. When he comes round?" Jackson shrugged his shoulders. "We don't know. The bullet was close to his heart."

After a moment Natasha got up to walk towards us.

"I stay here with the girls." Justin offered.

We watched as the girls ran over to their cousins. Their four of them offering each other comfort in this time of need.

Jackson turned me around in my wheelchair portering me to the room where my mothers body is placed.

My dad was already outside the room standing there still in shock. Paul was talking to him in hushed tones. They have been friends for decades.

"I can not do this this." My dad said loudly looking around shricken. "That is not my wife in there. My wife is alive!"

"Sh..." Natasha ran over to him. Putting her arms around him rocking him back and fourths like one would do with a child. "Sh... It's alright. It's alright dad."

I saw my father bury his head crook of her neck. First time in my life. I saw my father cry.

He broke down in my sister arms. His loud wails could be heard from across the room.

Paul opened the door to the room. I took a deep breath and let Jackson wheel me into the room.

My mother laid there on the table with a sheet over her body. Her eyes closed peaceful in death.

They combed her long brown to hair so it flowed around her face to settle on her chest where her arms were folded.

She didn't look like a person that has been shot.

Jackson wheeled me over to I was within touching distance. My hand hovered a over her face. I was too scared to touch her. A part of me didn't want this to be real.