Chapter 41

Uploaded on 25/05/2017

Third person

"Are you alright dad?" Natasha sat down next to her stricken looking father in the family waiting room.

He continued to stare into space nodding his head slowly showing that he had heard his daughter speaking to him. "Why is it that it is always our family that is in trouble. All this was down to Tiffany?" He cocked his head to the side in disbelief.

Natasha leaned her head on her father shoulder wrapping her arm around his waist. "I don't know. She is dead now. She cannot hurt us any more."

He stood up suddenly walking to the door, side stepping around Riley who was playing with her toys on the floor. "I need some air."

Natasha stood up to follow him out the door. "Dad..."

"Let him go." Andrea held her by the arm. "He needs his space. He has been through a lot through these past couple of months."

Marcus began to pace by the door. Stopping every couple of moments to open the door to check outside giving a dark look to the passing medical personnel.

"Why haven't they given out any information about my brother?" He asked as he closed the door for the 50th time. "I think I might go out there and look for the doctor."

"He is undergoing surgery." Paul repeated to his son. "Let them do their job. The last thing we need is for you to be pressuring them. Then they make a mistake."

Marcus grunted leaning heavily on his stick to open the door again poking his head out glaring at the nurses that were sat by the desk talking. Upon noticing that he was looking at them they jumped up walking away pretending to be busy looking at patient's charts.

Andrea looked over to her husband who was leaning back in his chair with hands behind his head. His eyes looked close in sleep. Just how can he be so relaxed at this moment in time. She leaned over to kick him on his calf.

"Wake up!" She hissed at him.

His left eye opened to glare at his wife. "What? I wasn't sleeping. Just resting my eyes."

Andrea pointed to the door. "Go after him. And Marcus move away from the door. They won't come over if you keep on scaring them."

Marcus grunted saying nothing moving away from the door to check on Riley who was holding out her doll to him, indicating that she wanted him to join her in play.

Paul stood up stretching his limbs. He knew his wife was right and that he should follow his friend of nearly fifty years. Walking past a couple of giggling nurses Paul found his friend outside sitting on the bench staring into the darkness playing with his cane.

"Richard." Paul sat down next to him, he hated seeing his friend so broken. He didn't know what to say to make him feel better. If it was Andrea that died that day. Paul would have no idea how he would have coped. And now to find out that your daughter is in the O.R so close to death?

All the bad things that were happening is like a dark lifetime movie.

"Richard..." Paul called again. "Are you alright?"

He blinked not saying anything, not even acknowledging that his friend was sitting beside him.

Paul sighed. "I know that is a stupid question. I can just sit right here till you are ready to talk to me. Whenever that is. I will be waiting for you, that is what best friends for."

"Best friends?" Richard scoffed letting out a sarcastic laugh. "My best friend was Sarah and she died... was murdered months ago." He turned to look at Paul. "You are lucky. You get to go home to that wonderful woman every night."