Chapter 10

Uploaded on 24:03/16

Justin put on a spare T-shirt when we got inside their truck. I noticed it had the logo J & J construction on the side.

I sat up front while Jackson drives and Justin sat beside me as a passenger.

The short drive to the hospital was awkward to say the least.

I began to tap my foot at the silence in the truck.

Justin placed his hand suddenly on my knee causing me to jump in the small confines of the truck.

"Stop being anxious." Justin rubbed his palm in a circle on my knee, pressing down so that I would stop moving. "Your father is alright."

"I know." My knee remained frozen where it was. I was anxious cause I was in the truck with then. Less that twenty minutes ago they were fucking my brains out.

I squeezed my thighs together feeling myself getting turned on again. I felt instant remorse that I cheated on Daniel with the fathers of my children.

Jackson moved the stick to change gear. His hand brushing mine on he seat.

"You are going to split up with Daniel." Jackson told me. It wasn't phrased like a question more stated like a fact. "We are prepared to take care of you and your children with him."

"You are prepared?" I twisted my neck to look at him. "Prepared to do what?" I crossed my arms giving him my full attention.

He looked at me from the corner of his eye but his attention remained focused on the road.

Jackson nodded just that. "We want you. And you come as a package deal we are prepared to over look..."

"Over look?" I repeated back at him.

I saw Justin making a digging motion with his hands. "Jacks I would shut up if I were you." Justin laughed. "You're digging your own grave."

Jackson squared his shoulders. "No need to poke fun. You understand the point that I was making."

"That you are prepared." I said laughing alongside Justin.

Jackson lips edged up at the corners. I knew he were trying to hide his laughter.

All too soon we pulled up outside the hospital. Justin helped me out the truck. There were a lot of uniformed police officers around the entrance the building.

We were asked for our ID once we reached my fathers floor.

"This is stupid." Jackson said when we verified who we were. "Makes no sense checking us out now. When the prisoner has already broken free."

I nodded my head. I had to agree with him there.

Justin opened the door to my fathers private room. Natasha and her husbands were there alongside my mother who sat there holding my fathers hand. He looked so peaceful sleeping.

He had the last of his chemo today. So we were all hoping that the treatment managed to shrink or kill the cancerous cells in his body.

Max and Marcus stood up to greet us at the door.

I edges pass the four brothers to sit next to Natasha. She looked viably upset. Tears stained her cheeks.

"It's okay. Dad wasn't harmed." I took her hand in mine offering that comfort.

She turned to look at me sniffing. "I just don't get how they can put her down the corridor and not notify us?"

I reached for the box of tissues that were on the table passing her a couple to wipe her runny nose.