Chapter 43

Uploaded on 18-08-2017

Third person.

Max opened his eyes feeling sore within his body. He looked around the room seeing Natasha and his brother leaning heavily on a walking stick. There was a female doctor with a white cloak smiling down at him.

"Glad to see that you are awake Mr Sinclair." The doctor nodded to the nurse as she whispered something in her ear whilst looking at the chart. "Do you remember anything that happened and why you are here?"

Max eyes went blank as he tried to cast his mind back to the reason why he was in hospital. "I can't remember."

The doctor continued to smile at him. "What is the last thing do you remember?"

Blinking Max turned to Natasha a cheeky smile playing on his lips. "In the office at work."

Marcus grunted not saying anything but he wasn't too impressed with what his brother was implying.

The Doctor looked towards Max next of kin. "I just need to have a word with your family in my office and then we get back to you." With a tight smile, she left the room with the nurse in tow.

With tears falling out her eyes Natasha pecked Max face with kisses. "I am so happy. So happy that you are okay."

"I would never leave you." He whispered to her.

Marcus leaned over Natasha his hand moving the hair away from his brother forehead to place a kiss above his brow. "Good to have you back brother."

"What happened to me?" Max asked touching his stomach tenderly feeling that there were bandages there.

Natasha sniffed into a tissue. "We tell you everything after we spoken with the Doctor I don't want to keep her waiting." Natasha pressed a gentle kiss to his lips then left the room with her Marcus.

Within a couple of seconds of the door closing it opened back up to a nurse wearing a mask. She approached the bed quickly sitting in the chair that was on the right side of the bed.

She pulled down the mask so that it dangled around her neck. "I am so glad you are alright. I been coming here everyday." She grabbed his hand holding it up to her cheek.

"Nicole?" Max was taken back by her behaviour. "What are you doing here? How are the babies?"

"What you mean what am I doing here?" She repeated back shocked that he would ask such a question. "How could I stay at home knowing that you be suffering in this place."

"Natasha will blow her lid knowing that you are here. How are the girls?" Max pulled his hand away from Nicole.

Nicole scrunched up her eyebrows not knowing why he was asking. "They are okay."

"Are you able to bring them with you next time. I know you said that you didn't want me seeing them whilst..." Max was cut off when Nicole placed her finger on his lips.

Cocking her head to the side Nicole asked. "Max what year is it?" Her eyes were round with shock hearing his reply. "That was five years ago, baby."

"What?" Max placed a hand on his head in confusion. "That can't be right." He thought back to when he opened his eyes, noticing that Natasha was not pregnant, that Marcus looked a lot older in the face than he was before.

"Sh... Sh... Its okay." Nicole soothed rubbing his arm. "Tell me the last thing you remember?"

His blue eyes focused on the lady that he was once intimate with. "I remember being in the office then getting in the car to see you to discuss some matters about a DNA test."