Chapter 15

Uploaded on 03/04/16

I put the girls clothes on ready to go out the door to the doctors appointment . Due to them arguing earlier I was ten minutes behind schedule.

"Mummy." Tina tugged at my hand. "There's a lady at the door."

I saw Jacky by the front door, looking at an tall African American woman.

"Hi," I finished fastening Tina coat. "Can I help you?"

I walked to the door putting the girls behind me.

The woman held out her hand to me. "Hi my name is Kemoy Cunningham. I work for cheaters. We spoke on the phone previously."

I looked behind me at the girls. "Now is not a good time. Are you able to come by later?" I checked my wrist watch. The doctor appointment is in thirty minutes I was sick again this morning. I need to find out what is wrong with me.

"This would only be a quick call." Kemoy explained.

I looked back to the girls. "Go and play in  the play room. But don't dirty your clothes."

Jacky stood there staring at the woman. "You're so pretty." Then she ran off to find Tina.

"Sorry about that." I blushed as I lead her to the living area.

She sat down on the sofa next to me. "I would like to start that we have begun investigation into your case." She pulled out a file from her bag.

There were pictures of Daniel. Most of them where with him going out with Nathan. He sure spends a lot of time with him.

"We followed his whereabouts for two weeks. And we haven't found anything to prove he is cheating. So the producers have decided to drop the case." Kemoy gave me a photo of Nathan and Daniel speaking to a woman at a coffee shop.

I inspected the photo to see the woman face but it was a blur as it was taken with a long distance camera.

"Thanks." I put the picture in my bag. "But I think I have been wasting you're time." I think the only reason I suspect him of cheating was because I was doing the same thing.

Kemoy stood up. "If I could say one thing that is off the record?"

I nodded. "Go ahead."

She leaned in to whisper to me. "I don't trust your partner. We manage to lose track of him a couple of times. I have a feeling he knew he was being watched."

I looked at her with interest. "Are you sure?"

Daniel would have told me if he felt he was being followed.

"I am sure. If you have cause for concern in your relationship. It's always best to end it before someone gets hurt." Kemoy advised pulling the straps over her shoulder. "It was nice meeting you Hanna."

I shook her hand. "Nice meeting you too."

"What is going on here?" Daniel asked as he came walking in the house.

"Nothing." I said walking Kemoy to the door. "Just some business that Marcus wanted me to do."

Daniel smirked at her while she gave him a dirty look. It seemed like he recognised her. Could it mean what he was saying was true. That he knew he was being followed.

"Marcus is your boss?" Daniel questioned as he followed us to the door.

Kemoy looked between the two of us. Not knowing what to say. "It's best I get going." She gave me a tight smile. "Goodbye."

She waved at me then got in her SUV to drive away.

Daniel stood there on the porch watching till her car turned a corner. "I don't trust that woman. What was she doing in my house?"