Chapter 11

Uploaded on 27/03/16

"I hope the girls will be alright at Natasha's." Daniel said as I was putting my ear rings on. "You know how I feel about exposing the kids to their type of lifestyle."

I sighed standing up to adjust my dress in the mirror. "Mum was not free." I reminded him. It's been a week since the girls sleepover at Lisa house. Mum has been all over the place emotionally since they have been waiting for dad results.

"We should wait till she is free." Daniel put his black jacket on over his white shirt. "We waited a week. What's another week."

I held up my hand to his face. "Stop it!" My face was a mask of anger. "Just stop it. She is my sister. And my kids are not going to stop going there just because you don't like the way she lives her life."

Daniel cut his eye after me. "So their your kids now? When we got together. You said that we would be sharing parental responsibility. Whenever I voice my opinion. You shout me down. Pulling rank."

I folded my arms. "This is not about pulling rank. I will not do as you suggested. So I suggest." I stressed. "You get over it." I picked up my purse from the counter looking at the time on the clock on the wall. "We need to get going. We are almost late."

I walked downstairs to the front door. Daniel locked up the house. I noticed that he had a Audi car that had J&J construction on the side.

"New car?" I asked. For the pass couple of weeks. He been getting a lift with Nathan.

"Justin gave it too me." Daniel clicked opened the door.

"Are they treating you better now?" I asked as I strapped in my seatbelt.

"Now they being too nice." Daniel said getting the car into gear. "I can't help but feel like they are after something."

Yeah me. I thought to myself.

I rubbed his knee. "You got nothing they want."

Daniel laughed. "I hope that is true."

It was a short drive to the restaurant. Lisa booked for us to attend a Chinese restaurant that was situated in the rich part of the city.

"Hey." I greeted Lisa who stood up from the table. I hugged her inhaling her sweet perfume. "How are you?"

"I am fine." She hugged me back giving me a kiss on my cheek.

"Hey Nathan." I gave him a quick hug. "You been waiting long?"

Nathan shook his head sitting back down. "We just got here."

I sat down next to him so that I was sitting opposite Daniel. It was a small square table.

"How is your new job?" I directed the question to Nathan. But my eyes were trained on Daniel to see if he were giving any sky looks to Lisa.

"It is great. PR in USA works at a faster pace than the UK." He unfolded the napkin to place it on his lap.

"I am glad you're enjoying your job. It was a big decision to move here. Who made it?" I rested my chin on my palm looking at Nathan interested in what he got to say.

I bet it was Lisa that wanted to move cause she can't stay away from my man.

Lisa took a sip of her wine. "It was a joint decision." She replied. "We were talking about moving here before. When your sister offered us this opportunity. We knew it was a sign to take it."