Chapter 45

Uploaded on 13/09/2017

Third person

Arriving at the Penthouse Max felt like he was a different person. The penthouse has changed from the penthouse he remembers. There was new furniture, photographs nearly placed on every wall.

There was a toy box in the corner of the room. The penthouse felt lived in. It looked like a home. Marcus told him he has been staying here, that they lived in a house on the outskirts of the city so that the children has room to play outside.

They kept the penthouse as a second home. Especially if they were all working late on a big contract. Max blinked. He couldn't believe that he life has changed so much in five years. Walking pass a mirror he stopped to look at his reflection. Even his face has aged. He looked older, not so old that he was unrecognisable but there were fine lines around his mouth that he didn't remember.

Letting out a scream of frustration Max kicked the stool that was at the breakfast bar. Why is it that his mind chooses not to remember such a crucial time of his life?

Falling to the floor cradling his head in his arms he sucked in his tears. He felt broken, alone and afraid for the future.

No wonder Natasha didn't want him, what could he provide for her. Everyone always thinks that he was okay, because he was always the social one. He was the one everyone could depend on to make light of a situation to take them away from their dark thoughts.

Who was there to make sure he was okay. He hoped that Natasha was ready for a life with the three of them. They already decided that if Natasha decided she only wanted one of them then the other one would step back and let that other person be happy.

Now looking at the pictures on the wall seeing that he leads that happy life for five years for it to end because she found him lacking something that Marcus had.

He never thought that she would compare the both of them, as others had during his lifetime. He thought Natasha was different. Special.

Maybe it was a blessing that he lost his memory, that way he won't be traumatised by what he has loss. The term what you don't know won't hurt sprung to his mind.

Max stood up dusting off his pants blinking away the sting of tears that he refused to let fall. He will make the best of a situation, starting by getting to learn who his children are.

Moving to the cabinet Max opened the glass doors to pick up a photo album that read, 'My First Year.'

Opening it he read the Title Riley underneath was a picture of her in Natasha arms in the hospital with him and Marcus standing opposite side of the bed with wide smiles on their faces.

"Six pounds." Max whispered looking at the picture. Turning the page was a close-up picture of Riley stating where she was born and that she weighed six pound 5 ounces.

Looking at the next page brought a smile on his face he could see his twin boys looking down at their sister. They looked young and upset, they were expecting another boy to play with Marc didn't want her in the house as she cried a lot.

She cried a lot! Max felt the book slip through his fingers as the memory of when his sons first met their sister filtered through his head. Then just like that it was gone, he remembered the memory but nothing before that or after that.

Before he could ponder at the memory the lift made a noise to alert him to someone presence. Only people that know the code could gain access to the flat. Even then the lift just brings them to the floor unless one of the owners answers it so that the door opens.