Chapter 28

Uploaded on 07-07-16

We got to the hospital in record time after making sure the Melissa was okay to keep watch on the girls tonight. I sort of felt bad for her she has been doing so much for us recently tonight was meant to be her night off.

"What is going on?" I asked Jackson seeing police officers on the floor to Marcus private room. They asked us for our identification before we were able to be granted access to where he was being kept.

Jackson shook his head as Justin verified who we were. "I don't know but it doesn't look to good."

I looked up to see Andrea waving at us from down the corridor. She looked happy smiling at us trying to get our attention. I nudged Jackson with my arm pointing to where his mother is.

Soon we were able to pass through the intense security to where Andrea waited outside the room with Paul her husband.

She hugged Justin then Jackson tightly then pulled me into a tight embrace. Paul slapped his sons on their back joy radiating from inside him.

"Natasha and Max are in their now with him and the doctors." Andrea told us she looked to the door happy.

"That is great news." I gushed. "I am so glad that he is awake now."

Andrea shook her head. "He is not awake. Just moved his hand when his machine went off."

Jackson crossed his arms. "What happened?" He nodded his head in the direction of the police officers at the door next to the security personally that worked for Max and Marcus company.

"His machines were switched off. Including his life support as if someone wanted to kill him." Andrea explained in hush tones. "However he began breathing for himself. When the doctors left his hand moved to cover Natasha. We are seeing if he is waking up from his coma."

I spontaneously hugged Justin who was the closest person to me. "I can't believe it." I blinked back tears that were threatening to fall. After all the bad things that happened to the family this is the first bit of good news that we have had in a while.

The doctors came out the room talking amongst themselves, Andrea and Paul slipped inside the room. I made a move to follow but stopped when Jackson placed his hand on my arm.

"Let my parents have a few moments with Marcus." He explained even though I could tell that he was eager to go in that room and see for himself that his brother was alright.

I bounced back on my heels feeling anxious. Marcus has always been good to me. A big older brother that always looked out for me.

When I was growing up I was always afraid of him as he had this brooding personality.

I smiled reliving a fond memory of him when I use to live in the penthouse with him and Natasha. I stepped out the way as an officer walked pass me doing his rounds, giving him a pleasant smile.

"Do you like policemen?" Justin asked me out the blue.

"What?" I raised my hand to scratch my head unsure what he was talking about.

"Do you like police officers?" He asked me again nodding his head over to where the officer was that I let pass me.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I guess so..." I looked to Jackson. Was I missing something here? "They are meant to serve and protect."

Jackson mumbled something under his breath turning away to gaze fixated at the door waiting for a person inside to invite us in.

After a while Max opened the door signalling for us to go inside. Andrea sat next to Natasha balling her eyes out whilst Paul stood off to the side of the room sniffing. It was obvious he was trying to remain strong for his wife.