Just the way you are - VulGatto

Joes PoV
"I'm gonna sing for you baby" the drunken man beside me slurred, resting his head against my shoulder, it wasn't often Sal got drunk but on the few times he did I enjoyed it, he always became more affectionate with me in public and it made me feel loved and wanted, i didn't mind that he liked to keep his private life private but other times it made me feel like he was ashamed to be seen with me, so when he was drunk and falling over himself to get to me, i soaked in every moment and every bit of attention.
"Is that right beautiful?" I asked him, chuckling as I watched him try to get the straw in his mouth. I loved that man, i thought to myself.
"Mhmm, gonna sing, karaoke, just for you" he said poking his finger at my nose before replacing it with his lips, pulling away giggling as you rested I hand on his thigh. I genuinely could not get over how cute he was.

He stood up and made his way over to the stage in the corner of the bar when his name was called by the karaoke Dj, laughing as I watched him stumble his way through the crowd, clinging to the drink in his hand. Losing sight of him for a moment in the crowed i feared he may have fallen, until i heard the sharp noise of the mic. I looked up to see Sal mic in one hand, drink in the other smiling the biggest smile over at me, I couldn't help but smile back at the adorable guy standing up there, all his attention on me.

The music started and I could not help but smile at the song he had chosen to sing, it made my stomach flutter and my heart warm, just the way you are by Bruno Mars, the first time l heard this song, was the night I had my break down, sitting on the bedroom floor crying, berating myself, I knew I wasn't good enough for him.. I knew he deserved more, I wasn't thin, I wasn't attractive, I had nothing compared to other guys and sal, sal was beautiful, he deserved more. But he had sat in front of me in the dark, put his headphones into his phone placed one in my ear, one in his own and pressed play, he wiped my tears, stroked my hair and kissed my forehead while i listened to every word playing in my ear, that's the moment I realised i was never gonna let him go, it was then that I had decided to spend the rest of my life with him.

I watched sal begin to sing, changing all the "her's" to "his"
I could not wipe the smile from my face as he sang to me, even from across the room i could feel the love radiating to me.

"His lips, his lips I could kiss them all day if he'd let me, his laugh, his laugh he hates but I think it's so sexy" he winked in my direction and i could not stop the heat from rising in my face, I wasn't a guy to blush easily but with sal all bets were off.

" Oh you know you know you know I'd never ask you to change if perfects what you're searching for then just stay the same" sal Sang as he jumped down from the stage and walked towards me through the crowd, never breaking eye contact, singing to me all the way across the floor till he stood in front of me.

The end of the song grew near and sal reached his hand up to stroke my face "when I see your face there's not a thing that I would change, cause you're amazing, just the way you are, and when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while, cause boy you're amazing just the way you are" the song ended and Sal leaned forward to press a soft kiss to my lips, I reached my arms around his waist and pulled him into me. The bar erupted in cheers and i just smiled against sal's kiss.

He pulled away looking me in the eye, "I love you joey, just the way you are" he whispered "I love you too Sal, more than anything" i replied, pressing a soft kiss to his lips.