Thinking out loud - Murr/Sal

Murrcano for bookgirl102004 hope you enjoy it. I had so much fun writing this one.

Murr's PoV

"Well we did it baby" I said to the man sitting beside me.

"Yeah we did, I can't believe it, I can't believe we are married James" Sal replied, his toothy smile radiating throughout the ballroom.

It had been a whole year since I had gotten down on one knee and asked Sal to marry me, it had been a whole year since Sal had said yes with tears in his eyes. I thought that was the happiest day of my life, until today. Watching the man I've loved for so long, in his tuxedo, walking down the isle towards me, hearing him read the vows he had written for me in front of everyone we loved, watching the tears fall from his eyes as I read the vows I had written for him, hearing him say I do, seeing how happy he was, I never loved him more.

I put my hand over his on his lap as the DJ announced it was time for our first dance as a married couple.

"You ready?" I asked squeezing his hand

"Let's go Mr Vulcano" he beamed his answer to me.

"C'mon then Mr Murray" I winked.

Walking hand in hand to the centre of the dance floor as the first few cords of our song began to play, I pulled him close to me, Resting my hands around his waist as he wrapped his around my neck.

***When your legs don't work like they used to before and I can't sweep you off of your feet, will your mouth still remember the taste of my love? Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks?***

As we stood there and danced, staring into his beautiful eyes, his beautiful smile radiating through me, I flashed back to the first time we kissed

'It was a rainy night and we had been in Sal's having a drink just relaxing after a long week of filming for the show, Joe and Q had headed home and Sal had just come out the shower, his hair dripping wet and messed over his forehead, dressed in a pair of shorts and a baggy t-shirt, finished off with his geeky glasses, it was in that moment that I realised his beauty, it was also in that moment I realised I had feelings for my best friend.. Sal had come over to sit beside me on the couch and without thinking I had turned to him and pulled his face to mine capturing his lips in a soft kiss, until I realised what I had done and I pulled back stammering "I'm sorry sal, i don't know what I was thinking" and he just sat there and chuckled, I was panicking and he was laughing, then he leaned in ran his hands over my shoulders and reconnected our lips'

I smiled at the man dancing with me, i still found him to be the most beautiful man I'd ever laid eyes on.

**And, darling, I will be loving you 'til we're 70 and baby, my heart could still fall as hard at 23 and I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways, maybe just the touch of a hand, well, me—I fall in love with you every single day**

I flashed back to the first time Sal told me he loved me, the memory so clear in my mind as though it was yesterday.

'It was about 2am on a Monday night and Sal had called me crying, it happened to be about 6 months into our relationship, I panicked listening to his choked
sobs through the phone and immediately drove to his house. I found him, a curled up sobbing mess in his bed, rushing to his side "what's going on baby" I had asked him "I can't do it anymore Murr, I can't pretend that it doesn't get to me" "what Sal ? What's going on?" I questioned stroking his hair as he buried his head in my lap "I can't pretend that it doesn't hurt when the guys make fun of my weight, I know I'm fat, I don't need a constant reminder, I tried so hard to lose weight, I tried so hard" he sobbed into my lap "shh baby, listen to me" "no murr, I'm not good enough, I'll never be good enough for you" he cut me off. "You listen here Sal Vulcano" I spoke softly but firmly "you are beautiful, and I love your body, I'm so proud of how far you have come. You're the most amazing man I have ever met in my life. Take no notice of the guys, you know they're just messing. You're more than enough baby, you're more than I deserve" I told him running my hands through his hair and catching a stray tear before it spilled from his eye. He sat up in that moment looked me straight in the eye and told me "you make me feel so wanted James, I am so in love with you" my heart raced at his words and my eyes welled up with tears of pure joy "I will always love you Sal, through the good and the bad I will always want you"'

I leaned into sal pressing a soft kiss to his cheek as we swayed round and round in our own little bubble, "I love you Sal" I whispered in his ear.

the song continued as we danced our first dance on our wedding day, our friends and family standing around us it couldn't be more perfect.

***So, honey, now, take me into your loving arms, kiss me under the light of a thousand stars, place your head on my beating heart, I'm thinking out loud, maybe we found love right where we are***

At this time I flashed back to our first argument, it had been over the silliest thing, Sal was always the jealous one, I knew he was insecure but I don't think that he realised how committed I was to him.

"It was during a challenge we were filming and I was partnered with Q, Joe had told Q to hold my hand through the presentation, then he had Q kiss me and not wanting to lose Q obliged. That night when we got home, Sal lost it, asking if I like Q, asking if I found him attractive. I was in disbelief telling him not to be so stupid, he got mad and started yelling, his voice breaking and I knew he was fighting tears, I didn't understand in that moment why he was being so unrealistic, so over dramatic.. "Sal, I don't want Q" I explained "what if you fall in love with him" sal snapped, I was in disbelief at his statement "Sal he's my best friend..he's our best friend" I snapped back "so am I James, and yet you claim to love me" I understood then why he was angry, he was scared, scared that because I had fallen in love with him that it could happen with Q or Joe. How wrong he was. "Sal, listen. I am so in love with you.. I only want you" I explained.."I'll only ever want you"'

***When my hair's all but gone and my memory fades and the crowds don't remember my name, when my hands don't play the strings the same way, I know you will still love me the same***

I couldn't help but smile as Sal leaned in and rested his head on my shoulder, burying his face in my neck as we danced, his soft breath fanning across my skin sending shivers throughout my body. I flashed back to the day I asked him to marry me.

'I had been planning it for weeks, where I would do it, what I would say, when I would ask him. I took him to the beach that day, he loved the beach, countless times when he had had a tough day I'd drive him out to the beach and just sit as he stared out into the ocean resting against my shoulder. On the day I asked him we had been sitting watching the waves roll in like we had done so many times before "I'll never get tired of how beautiful it is out here" he said "and I'll never get tired of how beautiful you are" I replied. And in that moment I knew this was the time. I shuffled away slightly standing up and pulling him up with me before kneeling down on one knee in the sand and pulling a small black box from my pocket "Murr.." He started but I shhh'd him "Sal, you know how much I love you, I want to spend the rest of my life with you beside me, I want the world to know that I'm yours and you are mine, forever. I want to fall asleep with you in my arms every night and wake up to your goofy smile every morning, I want to be there for your best times and I want to be there through your worst days, you are my home sal, my best friend, my soulmate, now.. Will you be my husband?" I finished, opening up the small box to reveal a plain silver wedding band, Sal's hands were covering his mouth and his eyes were glassy, sparkling in the setting sun as tears slipped down his cheeks, my hands were shaking, "yes!" He said "yes?" I questioned "yes you idiot, of course I will" I jumped up wrapping my arms around him and kissing him deeply."

My heart was glowing at the memory of that day, besides today that is the most amazing day in my life.

***Cause, honey, your soul could never grow old, it's evergreen and, baby, your smile's forever in my mind and memory, I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways, maybe it's all part of a plan, well, I'll just keep on making the same mistakes, hoping that you'll understand***

The song was slowly coming to an end, I wasn't ready to let the moment go, I wasn't ready to leave our bubble, swaying in the middle of the dance floor, nothing else mattered except each other.. Unfortunately the song came to and end and people began to clap, sal pulled his head from my shoulder and in that moment, seeing the smile on his face I had never been more in love. Leaning in and pressing a soft but firm kiss to his lips I whispered "I'll never stop loving you baby" he smiled "I'll love you till the day I die James"

I was happy.

***So, baby, now, take me into your loving arms, kiss me under the light of a thousand stars, oh, darling, place your head on my beating heart, I'm thinking out loud, but maybe we found love right where we are***